Our new starting running back

Desmond Scott will give up his redshirt season and get the start on Saturday!

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...ry/113665.html
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Is Scott starting or merely going to get some on-field time? The article was not clear, it merely said he had been moved up and would be practicing with the first and second teams.

I am betting he plays, but does not start. One of our banged up regular RBs will get the start, I suspect.

--Jason "good to hear that DS is earning this based on his practice play, and not just out of injury driven necessity" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Is Scott starting or merely going to get some on-field time? The article was not clear, it merely said he had been moved up and would be practicing with the first and second teams.

I am betting he plays, but does not start. One of our banged up regular RBs will get the start, I suspect.

--Jason "good to hear that DS is earning this based on his practice play, and not just out of injury driven necessity" Evans
    Substitutions are so frequent that starting is really more symbolic than practical. If there was ever a game when I wouldn't be too shocked if Scott started, even just for symbolic purposes, it would be this one where the themes of the day are going to be Durham, Durham, and Durham, where Desmond is a native.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MADevil30 View Post
    Substitutions are so frequent that starting is really more symbolic than practical. If there was ever a game when I wouldn't be too shocked if Scott started, even just for symbolic purposes, it would be this one where the themes of the day are going to be Durham, Durham, and Durham, where Desmond is a native.
    Jason, I had the same question as I read the article. But
    "I told him to start. I'm not going to play a player who is not ready for any reason," Cutcliffe said.
    Does that mean he'll start? I read the article in the paper, not online, and the sub-headline says "Freshman to start at tailback". Oh, wait, that's just some carolina graduate copywriter's interpretation. Never mind!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com