Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Basketball kick-off festivities

Mark your calendars

Specifics on what looks like a most interesting weekend.

Friday, October 16:

The Men抯 Basketball Blue-White Scrimmage originally scheduled for Saturday, October 17 has been rescheduled for Friday, October 16 with festivities beginning at 5:30 p.m.

The 2009 Blue-White Scrimmage is part of the day抯 Countdown to Craziness, presented by the United States Army ROTC. Festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. in Krzyzewskiville with live music, games and face painting. The doors to Cameron Indoor Stadium open at 6:30 p.m. with the next hour and half filled with exciting new videos and performances by the Duke University Improv and the Dancing Devils.

The 2009-10 Duke Blue Devils will take the floor at 8:00 p.m. and the annual Blue-White scrimmage will tip at 8:15 p.m. Following the 20-minute scrimmage, the Blue Devils will show off their high-flying aerial talents with a dunk contest to close out the evening in Cameron.

Saturday, October 17:

Open House for Men抯 and Women抯 Basketball on Saturday, October, 17:

路 Two-hour autograph session beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Cameron Indoor Stadium Hall of Honor

o 10 a.m. - Men' Basketball autographs

o 12 p.m. - Women's Basketball autographs

路 1 p.m. - Men's Basketball Open Practice

路 TBA - Women's Basketball Open Practice

Both events on Saturday are free and open to the public!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Mark your calendars

Specifics on what looks like a most interesting weekend.

Friday, October 16:

The Men抯 Basketball Blue-White Scrimmage originally scheduled for Saturday, October 17 has been rescheduled for Friday, October 16 with festivities beginning at 5:30 p.m.

The 2009 Blue-White Scrimmage is part of the day抯 Countdown to Craziness, presented by the United States Army ROTC. Festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. in Krzyzewskiville with live music, games and face painting. The doors to Cameron Indoor Stadium open at 6:30 p.m. with the next hour and half filled with exciting new videos and performances by the Duke University Improv and the Dancing Devils.

The 2009-10 Duke Blue Devils will take the floor at 8:00 p.m. and the annual Blue-White scrimmage will tip at 8:15 p.m. Following the 20-minute scrimmage, the Blue Devils will show off their high-flying aerial talents with a dunk contest to close out the evening in Cameron.

Saturday, October 17:

Open House for Men抯 and Women抯 Basketball on Saturday, October, 17:

路 Two-hour autograph session beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Cameron Indoor Stadium Hall of Honor

o 10 a.m. - Men' Basketball autographs

o 12 p.m. - Women's Basketball autographs

路 1 p.m. - Men's Basketball Open Practice

路 TBA - Women's Basketball Open Practice

Both events on Saturday are free and open to the public!
    See you there! I love the idea of a two-day event. Has this been done recently?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Following the 20-minute scrimmage, the Blue Devils will show off their high-flying aerial talents with a dunk contest to close out the evening in Cameron.
    Hopefully they will broadcast it online, I want to witness Zoubek's high flying talents.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Hopefully they will broadcast it online, I want to witness Zoubek's high flying talents.
    My money is on Mason over Olek in the Finals.

Dude, that's just cold.

The game is bigger than just acrobatics. And Zoub's game has grown by leaps and bounds!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    My money is on Mason over Olek in the Finals.
    Casey Peters might make some noise as well
    Last edited by jesus_hurley; 09-18-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: had to capitalize the proper nouns

visitors

Be nice to any strangers you see wandering around, especially a slender guy, who stands about 6-foot-6 or 7 and might be hanging around current players or staffers.

There may be other 2011 and 2012 prospects (good chance Quincy Miller will drive over for the scrimmage) on hand, but Harrison Barnes will be making his official visit that weekend. I imagine that Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will also be on hand.

So be friendly ... be enthusiastic (easy to do). I think it would mean a lot if we fill the place on a Friday night for the opening scrimmage!

Isn't Barnes making his official visit the following weekend, for the Pfeiffer game?

Isn't Barnes making his official visit the following weekend, for the Pfeiffer game?
    That is true. It was originally scheduled for the 16th, but was moved.

Duke's changing the B/W schedule from Saturday to Friday night really screws up my previous plans for Friday night. This was not necessary.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The Engineering School has been working on a ramp for a week now!

Coach K quashed the request to dig a landing pit. Alternatives to be presented next week.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Duke's changing the B/W schedule from Saturday to Friday night really screws up my previous plans for Friday night. This was not necessary.
    You can go to Tyler's Taproom before the game and have your steak on Saturday night.

Now can you get into the b/w game? If it is a ticket how do you get them? I really want to go but I don't know why I need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by meloveduke View Post
    Now can you get into the b/w game? If it is a ticket how do you get them? I really want to go but I don't know why I need to do.
    I want to know this too. Are there tix out there?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You can go to Tyler's Taproom before the game and have your steak on Saturday night.
    I'm supposed to be in Banner Elk on Friday night watching my son-in-law's HS band play at their football game. I was foregoing my usual Friday night routing already.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Banner Elk

Oz,

If you stop in at Fred's, say hello for me.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I'm supposed to be in Banner Elk on Friday night watching my son-in-law's HS band play at their football game. I was foregoing my usual Friday night routing already.
    That IS a bummer.

Countdown To Craziness

Sorry for the origin of the link (know thy enemy), but I hadn't seen this posted. Have they televised these before? I certainly know I've seen Ol' Roy rapping on youtube, but don't recall seeing it on ESPN.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/200...uckys-madness/

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    Sorry for the origin of the link (know thy enemy), but I hadn't seen this posted. Have they televised these before? I certainly know I've seen Ol' Roy rapping on youtube, but don't recall seeing it on ESPN.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/200...uckys-madness/
    Not sure...but they used to be later (to actually start practice at midnight), so maybe the time change in the rules has something to do with it.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing Jason Williams on hand for ESPN. And whoever our "surprise coaches" are for the Blue/White game...any guesses?