Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2009-2010 Jerseys and Photo-shoot

Here is the first photoshoot of the year and a good look at the jerseys.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-...38632388_UZdQC

...well, just the home jerseys. I am torn about the gothic architecture. On the one hand, I love the pure white with Duke on the chest and thats all. I'm a little old school. On the other hand, the gothic architecture is really unique (an really really old school... get it?) and won't be emulated by other teams. Plus, it looks pretty great too and brought us good luck last year.

Thanks. I was on campus today and saw some of this going on at Cameron. Especially nice to see Andre in his Duke jersey.

Two other quick observations:
    Major painting going on in Cameron with seats, etc.
    It was a beautiful afternoon on a beautiful campus.

Ugh. I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of the shiny new modern style and the black outlined letters. Not to mention the different-looking shade of blue (but maybe that's just the gloss). Hopefully the players like them, at least.

I would have much preferred they just stuck the gothic imprint on these classics: http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/...r_jason_vt.jpg 2001-ish was the best compromise between classic and modern, IMO.

And maybe it's the lighting, but Jon looks downright burly!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post

And maybe it's the lighting, but Jon looks downright burly!
    I'll pick A.

From the looks of the last pic on page two, it appears the blue away jersey still is accented with black, instead of white.

Oh, well; maybe next year...

I like the glowing blue lettering.

I don't like the thick black trim down the sides...or the 2 inches of white space on the shorts (between the black trim and the bottom of the legs).

Mason looks like he's put on some weight... and Dre looks REALLY young

Quote Originally Posted by BoC View Post
    From the looks of the last pic on page two, it appears the blue away jersey still is accented with black, instead of white.

Oh, well; maybe next year...
    Nolan looks like he is just wearing shorts for practice - those are the 2007-08 shorts - the waistband changed last year when Duke went System of Dress (as opposed to Pro Combat -which is the gothic unis - yes, Nike is strange) and the black square was removed around the "D" on the waist - otherwise, the rest of the black is still there
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by taiw93 View Post
    Dawkins is still only 17. His is young! haha

Thumbs up I like them a lot

Very classy. Bold, but not too bold. Simple, but elegant. We're Duke. We can play.

I think the wide blue strip down the sides will especially make the bigs look really cool and maybe look even taller. I like the way the top and shorts have the strip lined up so it looks continuous. They obviously planned for that look, as even the waistband has the strip on it.

ricks

You need to lose the gothic print uniforms. Pronto. We're talking cream Astros uniforms, stove pipe Pirates caps, old orange Tampa Bay Bucs orange hideous. You're going to look back in terror for years to come.

Your uniforms are generally fine. The continued devotion to black is odd, but tolerable. This new 80s print, JC Penneys authentic replica polyblend uni must be stopped.

At the very least, promise not to wear these when game coverage will be in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonandblue View Post
    You need to lose the gothic print uniforms. Pronto. We're talking cream Astros uniforms, stove pipe Pirates caps, old orange Tampa Bay Bucs orange hideous. You're going to look back in terror for years to come.

Your uniforms are generally fine. The continued devotion to black is odd, but tolerable. This new 80s print, JC Penneys authentic replica polyblend uni must be stopped.

At the very least, promise not to wear these when game coverage will be in HD.
    I like them a lot better than this:

http://www.backgroundhq.com/images/Kansas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post

Really? Those are pretty bad. The color. The circus stripe. But they at least look like real fabric.

To each his own. My corneas will likely survive either way. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post

AAAAHHHHHHH! Make it stop!

Ryan's new look?

Is it me, or does anyone notice that Ryan Kelly has put on a lot of weight? His arms have graduated from pistols to sub-machine guns. Looking good - was worried that his lack of bulk would get him pushed around too much...

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Is it me, or does anyone notice that Ryan Kelly has put on a lot of weight? His arms have graduated from pistols to sub-machine guns. Looking good - was worried that his lack of bulk would get him pushed around too much...
    He might have put on some weight but he has along way to go. The strength and speed of the ACC is going to be a huge adjustment for him. I shudder thinking of Booker boxing out Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    He might have put on some weight but he has along way to go. The strength and speed of the ACC is going to be a huge adjustment for him. I shudder thinking of Booker boxing out Kelly.
    Kelly is getting alot bigger but you are correct as well he isn't were he should be but he still has time to get bigger. Maybe not this year but when Kyle leaves his role will get a whole lot bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by taiw93 View Post
    Those were my exact same two reactions to the pictures. Mason has definitely added a good amount of upper body muscle.

On the uniforms, I'd also like to see us get rid of the black and go back to the more traditional Duke blue. I have mixed feelings about the gothic architecture on the back.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I'd like everyone to take a look at Dawkins' arms right now and remember what they look like for comparison next fall. My guess is that the difference will be pretty dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I'd like everyone to take a look at Dawkins' arms right now and remember what they look like for comparison next fall. My guess is that the difference will be pretty dramatic.
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what his birthday is, but I believe he's only 17. Combine that with a year of weight training and there should be a big difference. There has already been a noticeable improvement for Mason and Ryan between their senior year in high school and pre-season freshman year. Miles also gained a ton of weight. It's good to see that. On the other hand, Lance looks like he's still in high school.