Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new grill

Get your tank at Costco. Price is right and it comes with a fuel gage. And you can get It filled for ~$10, refilled for partial fills for at ~$2/gallon, usually about $5.
    Here at two pictures of our Weber.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Just negotiated a fine deal with my Ace hardware man, shiny new Genesis E-310 assembled and delivered for $700...(they matched a Lowes price which I think was not real, the old 39 cent pork chop trick).

Does anyone use a Traeger?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Just negotiated a fine deal with my Ace hardware man, shiny new Genesis E-310 assembled and delivered for $700...(they matched a Lowes price which I think was not real, the old 39 cent pork chop trick).
    Ok, interesting.

Needed to bump up the thread as last night a close friend smoked a 16 pound brisket for 20 hours....amazingly moist and tasty, best brisket ever...I probably won't eat for a few days now...

Needed to bump up the thread as last night a close friend smoked a 16 pound brisket for 20 hours...amazingly moist and tasty, best brisket ever...I probably won't eat for a few days now...
    13 hours on this 8 lb pork shoulder. It was mighty tasty. Brought the leftovers to work for my co-workers to make sliders for lunch. They said I'm in the wrong business.

So I said, does that mean the food is good, or that I'm just bad at my job? 😁
    17548.jpg17547.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    13 hours on this 8 lb pork shoulder. It was mighty tasty. Brought the leftovers to work for my co-workers to make sliders for lunch. They said I'm in the wrong business.

So I said, does that mean the food is good, or that I'm just bad at my job? 😁
    17548.jpg17547.jpg
    Yes.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Man that looks delicious..Charcoal for me all day long....

I finally got my grill. Weber Genesis II E-310. 3 burners, no fancy add ons. Delivered Thursday by Lowe’s & the old one taken away.

I love almost* everything about it. It made me realize, though, that the old one was probably dying long before it actually gave out, and I didn’t realize it.

For those with this model (or similar), what kind of cover did you get for it? I had a cover for my old one that shredded, and I’d rather not have that happen again.

* Almost because it’s mocha. Cocoa brown. Blech. But it was $100 more for black, and color doesn’t affect cooking (and will be under a cover most of the time), so brown it was. The pic actually looks more black than brown, but it’s definitely brown.

BFDBF4CE-5EBC-4E02-A955-AE737A9E0EA2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    I finally got my grill. Weber Genesis II E-310. 3 burners, no fancy add ons. Delivered Thursday by Lowe’s & the old one taken away.

I love almost* everything about it. It made me realize, though, that the old one was probably dying long before it actually gave out, and I didn’t realize it.

For those with this model (or similar), what kind of cover did you get for it? I had a cover for my old one that shredded, and I’d rather not have that happen again.

* Almost because it’s mocha. Cocoa brown. Blech. But it was $100 more for black, and color doesn’t affect cooking (and will be under a cover most of the time), so brown it was. The pic actually looks more black than brown, but it’s definitely brown.

Well done! That's the exact model I just got, somehow managed to get the local Ace store to match the $700 Lowes Mocha color price (I got black), I have no idea why they have that pricing oddity...
    It has what you need...I've noted the E-315 model gets you two stainless steel doors down below for an extra hundred bucks, and frankly I like the open look better, easier to access grill brush and other stuff.

The cover question: I have bought many Weber covers in the past, and despite my love of Weber grills, just about all of them have been junk...nonetheless, with a new grill, I felt compelled to get a new cover, and so I got the $79?) Weber grill cover and was pleasantly surprised to find that it is made of a nicer material this time around, hopefully it lasts longer...the last one cracked and disintegrated in just a few years...this is definitely lighter, more flexible material...

My last Weber (Silver B) is still going at 20 years, gave it to a neighbor, he loves it...still has the original burners, which is pretty amazing...

Funny y’all are asking about grill covers! I got this at Lowe’s on Saturday for $29.99. It’s a very heavy vinyl, much thicker than my old one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

my previous Weber Grill cover (made by them) was of heavier vinyl, but it deteriorated into a cracked mess...I see a bunch of on line reviews criticizing them for this (you make great durable grills and lousy covers, why?)...
    I'm cautiously optimistic that the material of this new cover will prove to be more durable...

Two grills in 20 years on my deck (basic Webers), and I've never had a cover - but both sporting a fine patina of tulip poplar goo.

Worst problem I ever had was the nascent (about the size of a tennis ball) hornet's nest inside one spring. Upon discovery, I quickly closed it and fired it up!

-jk

My Weber Silver B is turning 20, and while it still works nicely (used it all winter including at -9F for lamb chops),
    Sporks!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post

I just got this exact same grille at Loews yesterday (color the same too - can't figure out the increased price for black). I have used the Char-Broil covers for the last few years (that may be a Loews white label brand) and they have held up really well. On the other hand, but BGE table cover disintegrated in about 2 years.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    I just got this exact same grille at Loews yesterday (color the same too - can't figure out the increased price for black). I have used the Char-Broil covers for the last few years (that may be a Loews white label brand) and they have held up really well. On the other hand, but BGE table cover disintegrated in about 2 years.
    I strongly suspect the extra money for black is based on excess inventory of the Mocha color.

Regarding covers, I agree they aren't necessary, but it helps reduce the odor (drip pan, etc) for the neighborhood bears who can be unruly...and for the first time I think this grill will reside on the deck during the winter and the 200 inches of snow it brings, so a cover will be helpful.