Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy-own View Post
    Let's be realistic. There is a less than 50% chance that Singler will be at Duke next year. The only reason for him to come back would be akin to Joakim Noah - a feeling that he could win the NC (if we get to the Final 4 or better this year), and that it was worth passing up one year of multi million dollars. I won't blame him if he leaves, and judging by coach K's comments early in the year, that is his plan.

On the other hand... I'm just as excited as you are. We are gonna be absolutely sweet the next few years - very, VERY high scoring, with superb outside shooting from Dawk & Curry, and inside athleticism from MP1 & 2. Lookin' good...
    What? Less than 50%? WOW. Singler is a second rounder at this point, and with one more year he could work himself into the 1st round, just like Shane did. I say 75% chance Kyle is back next year.

Let's be realistic. There is a less than 50% chance that Singler will be at Duke next year. The only reason for him to come back would be akin to Joakim Noah - a feeling that he could win the NC (if we get to the Final 4 or better this year), and that it was worth passing up one year of multi million dollars. I won't blame him if he leaves, and judging by coach K's comments early in the year, that is his plan.
    Gotta disagree here. Noah was a lottery pick who stuck around and remained a lottery pick. I will be VERY surprised if Singler is a lottery pick this summer. Thus, he has a lot to gain by staying for his senior year.

On the other hand... I'm just as excited as you are. We are gonna be absolutely sweet the next few years - very, VERY high scoring, with superb outside shooting from Dawk & Curry, and inside athleticism from MP1 & 2. Lookin' good...
    No disagreement here. If the young kids develop as expected, the next few years could be something special. So could this year, if a few things play out right.

Nothing earth-shattering...just reasonably informative.

http://varsity.orlandosentinel.com/s...6331558.column

That's a great write-up by the young fella. Very observant he is...

Interesting. Austin seemed to think that coach K was doing a great job with limited athleticism. I don't know whether to be insulted, or call that a good sign that he complemented coach K. I think I'll go with the good sign point of view. It's also good that he talks to coach K regularly. That Duke-UNC game in Cameron this march is going to be loud, intense, and hopefully a solid win. Austin will have fun watching that. . (no, i'm not getting overconfident about beating UNC).

I love AR's game and hope we get him. I am happy to let him think he is right in any situation if that helps. BUT . . . He is wrong that we lost that game due to lack of athleticism. We lost do to poor strategy, poor execution, and awful concentration. We made mistakes that high school teams should not make. We were not completely outdone by our lack athleticism, which I think is overrated. We just were never in a position to use any athleticism we might have had.

All that said, if he think he is the answer to our "lack of athleticism," by all means, come on down.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    That's a great write-up by the young fella. Very observant he is...
    The last time I followed a top recruit's diary on that site it did not end very well. Ended very badly in fact..

That said, I somehow find myself being suckered in to follow this one anyway. Let's hope there is a light at the end of this particular tunnel and not a Skype...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    The last time I followed a top recruit's diary on that site it did not end very well. Ended very badly in fact..

That said, I somehow find myself being suckered in to follow this one anyway. Let's hope there is a light at the end of this particular tunnel and not a Skype...
    I too don't feel good about our chances on Rivers. The Crazies better be ready for him at the UNC game.

I think we are in the drivers seat for Rivers. The Florida program as been slipping and the SEC overall is a weak conference. Also with Irving, Curry, and the Plumlees developing...athleticism shouldn't be an issue in coming years.

I'm not insulted by what Rivers writes -- I think his assessment is dead-on. Improving the team's sheer athleticism and physical dominance must be a priority going forward. I think next year's class is a good start. Irving can't jump out of a gym, but he'll make an enormous difference at point guard.

I think what Rivers needs to recognize is the impact that he could personally have on the team. A talent such as his would instantly transform the whole face of the program. And I do think he understands that -- you can interpret his comments as: Despite not having the most athletic guys, Duke as a program is strong enough to be top 10 right now. Imagine what they could do with me as part of a well-rounded and loaded 2011 backcourt with Kyrie and Curry. (Let's hope we can interpret them that way)

REMINDER...REMINDER

Big time game THIS friday for Austin Rivers versus Brandon Knight.

You can catch Brandon Knight on ESPN2 as Pine Crest visits Winter Park, featuring the No. 2 junior Austin Rivers, on Feb. 5 (7 p.m. ET).

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I'm not insulted by what Rivers writes -- I think his assessment is dead-on. Improving the team's sheer athleticism and physical dominance must be a priority going forward. I think next year's class is a good start. Irving can't jump out of a gym, but he'll make an enormous difference at point guard.

I think what Rivers needs to recognize is the impact that he could personally have on the team. A talent such as his would instantly transform the whole face of the program. And I do think he understands that -- you can interpret his comments as: Despite not having the most athletic guys, Duke as a program is strong enough to be top 10 right now. Imagine what they could do with me as part of a well-rounded and loaded 2011 backcourt with Kyrie and Curry. (Let's hope we can interpret them that way)
    I totally understand the wary comments about these diaries but as I've said with previous ones - appreciate them and just get to know the kid. Imagine how fun next year could be for some creative crazies.

But to the above - I know EXACTLY what you mean about his comments. The way he ends the diary is more of a statement than a thought/opinion. Staying focused - I took it two ways ----> that he knows Seth, Kyrie, Andre, and the rest of the guys pretty well and understands what is to come --- OR he just might have something to say about that.

Considering his confidence - making a statement like that will make your mind wander a bit - I'm sure of it...

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    REMINDER...REMINDER

Big time game THIS friday for Austin Rivers versus Brandon Knight.

You can catch Brandon Knight on ESPN2 as Pine Crest visits Winter Park, featuring the No. 2 junior Austin Rivers, on Feb. 5 (7 p.m. ET).
    I hope Rivers does well, but I'll be rooting for my alma mater - Pine Crest!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I totally understand the wary comments about these diaries but as I've said with previous ones - appreciate them and just get to know the kid. Imagine how fun next year could be for some creative crazies.

But to the above - I know EXACTLY what you mean about his comments. The way he ends the diary is more of a statement than a thought/opinion. Staying focused - I took it two ways ----> that he knows Seth, Kyrie, Andre, and the rest of the guys pretty well and understands what is to come --- OR he just might have something to say about that.

Considering his confidence - making a statement like that will make your mind wander a bit - I'm sure of it...
    Obviously so much of this is reading between the lines but he just talked to K. I get the impression the "athletic" comments are coming directly from K and about him changing things going forward.

He sounds impressed that Duke is a top 10 team right now...which is an obvious credit to the coach...and he says Florida is "rebuilding" although they've been doing that for 3 years and i don't think he wants to wait. Hopefully that means he comes to Duke...guess we'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LsrU...layer_embedded

dont think this has been posted yet, but its highlights from the 2010 spalding hoophall classic

it has some pretty good highlights from rivers, irving, cook, marshall, gilchrist, and more

sidenote. rivers is sick. i want him more than i did barnes. the kid is nasty! pure nastiness!!!

Just a reminder, Austin faces off against Brandon Knight tonight on ESPN2 at 7:00.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/...s-tonight.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I hope Rivers does well, but I'll be rooting for my alma mater - Pine Crest!
    You went to Pine Crest?!?!? I went to Pine Crest (Boca campus) for 2nd grade. Really random and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHopkins View Post
    You went to Pine Crest?!?!? I went to Pine Crest (Boca campus) for 2nd grade. Really random and cool.
    I went to Pine Crest Elementary in Coral Gables for 2nd-6th

Then my parents decided something about Philadelphia was more appealing than Miami...to this day neither they nor I know what that "something" was

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I went to Pine Crest Elementary in Coral Gables for 2nd-6th

Then my parents decided something about Philadelphia was more appealing than Miami...to this day neither they nor I know what that "something" was
    CheeseSteak