Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

James McAdoo

Following his visit to Chapel Hill he came and made a short visit to Duke. Is it too early to start talking about the class of 2011? He also plays for Boo Williams which I believe is the same team that Andre Dawkins plays for. Could Andre snag another recruit?

It would be a long shot to get McAdoo. His family is originally from NC, he grew up a Heel fan, and he's also somehow related to Bob McAdoo. And yes, I know all the other players that we've landed who fall into a similar profile.

Pretty interesting he even decided to step on Duke's campus...

I beg to differ. Too early to start talking about the class of 2011. They've been sophomores in school for all of two months. Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    Following his visit to Chapel Hill he came and made a short visit to Duke. Is it too early to start talking about the class of 2011? He also plays for Boo Williams which I believe is the same team that Andre Dawkins plays for. Could Andre snag another recruit?
    And the same team that Kendall Marshall plays for I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    ... Too early to start talking about the class of 2011. ...
    Ummm. I think you missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    ... he's also somehow related to Bob McAdoo. ...
    Unlikely, but how delicious would it be to get a McAdoo to come to Duke. I would have given MJ's son a scholarship just to watch MJ wear a Duke hat.

James McAdoo is not going to North Carolina

McAdoo recently cut his list and Duke made the cut. He cleared up the rumors about him being committed to NC. This article was just on posted on highschoolhoop.com. There is also a clip of him doin work if your unfamiliar with him. Check it out.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...azy/#more-1364
    Last edited by SG24; 07-01-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by SG24 View Post
    McAdoo recently cut his list and Duke made the cut. He cleared up the rumors about him being committed to NC. This article was just on posted on highschoolhoop.com. There is also a clip of him doin work if your unfamiliar with him. Check it out.

I don't think you can make the statement that the kid is not going to UNC just yet. In fact, he still lists UNC among his choices.

All he basically said was that he is not a lock for UNC like many want to believe and that he will check out his options.

Sounds like a smart kid to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Sounds like a smart kid to me...
    Thus, he is not going to UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by SG24 View Post

Couldn't you think of a better thread title? How about I start a thread that says "Harrison Barnes is not going to Duke" and post a link that says he is "wide open."

I agree with the others who say that the title of this thread is very misleading. He may very well be going to UNC. He just hasn't committed to UNC, and is still considering other alternatives.

How about "James McAdoo refutes UNC commitment rumor"

However, he's visited no other schools as of yet.

Sorry if this has been answered before but is this guy any relation to former UNC player Bob McAdoo?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalFriendly View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered before but is this guy any relation to former UNC player Bob McAdoo?
    He's his nephew.

I liked reading two things about that article:

One, he mentioned Josh Hairston...he could dunk on him everyday in practice if he likes.

Also he talks about a system that plays 4 out 1 in...that seems like it would jive with Duke's perimeter game...anyone want to clarify that for me?

James McAdoo Recruiting

We are on his list

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ors-are-crazy/

The master Recruiter Andre Dawkins is recruiting him and they are teammates

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...iting-recruit/

Here's some extra notes on him

http://hsvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=41...=1&nid=3573603

I don't think we offered him but he does seem like one of the top high school players in his class and we have talked to him

I liked one of those links where he says he's definitely coming to visit Duke in August and it's the only visit he has that's set in stone.

But then one of the other links has 9 schools being in the running and they've all offered him except us.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I liked one of those links where he says he's definitely coming to visit Duke in August and it's the only visit he has that's set in stone.

But then one of the other links has 9 schools being in the running and they've all offered him except us.
    Yea I know, but to be a little optimistic here since he is visiting us in August what if we were to offer him on campus and he comits. lol not likely but hey who knows.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I thought I had heard his dream school was UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I thought I had heard his dream school was UNC?
    James is the nephew of former TarHeel standout Bob McAdoo (and the son of Ronnie McAdoo, who played at Old Dominion). I've read reports that compare his game to James Worthy, so he's very highly sought after.

Whether he's leaning toward UNC, don't know.