GPS and Mileage Reports

I need to do a better job of keeping track of my business mileage for tax purposes. Anyone have experience using a GPS to log business miles? Looks like the ecoRoute download for Garmins might be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlan View Post
    I need to do a better job of keeping track of my business mileage for tax purposes. Anyone have experience using a GPS to log business miles? Looks like the ecoRoute download for Garmins might be a possibility.
    My Garmin keeps track of a trip's or trips' mileage until you reset it to 0, and then starts counting again. It doesn't keep a record of "trips" you erase. If you don't have it on, or if it is in the glove compartment, it doesn't know you are driving.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I dunno about GPS records. My cheapo simply tells me the distance when I start after setting a destination.

I suspect if you need to rebuild your records that it would be best to use Mapquest, YahooMaps or GoogleMaps as a resource. I know they won't be entirely accurate due to necessary noodling around while driving, but they should be accurate enough for tax purposes. Presumably you know where you went on any given day.

Do you have a smartphone with GPS? You can use a program like SportsDo to track. I'm sure with iPhone, "there's an app for that."

Another option would be just to get a cheap GPS receiver from which you can download the gps logs and compare against google earth. My husband has this device: http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/fr...009&FORM=ENCA2