Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    I agree, but I think it's important to put the full court press on Miller and get him to commit as early as possible. His interest seems real, so I hope the staff makes him a priority.
    You aren't wrong. I know that UNC , Texas and I think Ohio State have gotten a committment from a junior, but I don't remember, ( could be a senior moment ), aside from Demarcus Nelson any committed Junior. Marshall Plumlee is a junior and I doubt that he will commit until his senior year to a school , ( hopefully to Duke ).

Don't be afraid of Huckleberry

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Don't Jinx it my friend, please Don't Jinx it.
    Why are some people conceding to the idea that Roy is a better recruiter than Coach K?? I know this a Quincy Miller thread so I will keep my message short and relate it back to Quincy.

Yes, I get it that it still hurts that HB chose Carolina over us. But despite what some analysts and people are saying, I refuse to ever believe that Ol Roy is a better recruiter than Coach K as well as the best recruiter in college basketball. Roy wanted Singler really bad, and he lost out to us on him. He wanted Gerald really badly; and he lost to us with Gerald. Sure, he beat us for the services of Wright and HB; but look how Wright has turned out. He left after one year and UNC didn't win a championship; and Wright has yet to do anything in the NBA. As far as HB is concerned, time will only tell. And as he admitted in a recent article, it took one Hell of an effort (effort being Michael Jordan) to get Barnes away from us. In fact, he recruited HB harder than any other recruit in his time as a coach. Call me delusional, but I choose to believe that Roy needed HB worse then we did because he knows the talent momentum is beginning to swing back our way; and when you look at the fact that he's pretty limited on scholarships for the next year or so, Roy needed Barnes to keep up with us.

We are in a great position to land Miller and Rivers, just to name a few. And based on the way our Duke team has played so far, I think we are going to sweep Carolina this year, win the ACC and be in strong contention for the final 4; and the '10 and '11 teams will continue to build on this year's team success.

The futurre is bright and I am excited to be a Dukie!!! It's all about us winning on the court; and as we can continue to do more of that, we will get all the recruits that we want. Bring on Roy, HB, Mcadoo and whoever else....I look forward to our Duke team kicking their a&& and making recruits regret not choosing Duke over the light-blue dark side.
    Last edited by Class of '94; 11-18-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: missed comparing Roy to Coach K as a recruiter

To the poster who asked how we know that Quincy Miller is a Duke fan, I'll direct you to his Twitter and Facebook. I'm sure someone can provide a link.

Every year it's diffrent with Roy and K. They are BOTH excellent recruiters. At the end of the day some prospects DO look how they are i nthe middle of a Dynasty. That's just how it is. BUT Quincy seems smart enough to know that K wants him. And DUKE needs him x1839382929 more Than North Carolina does.

I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Blueequalslife23 View Post
    Every year it's diffrent with Roy and K. They are BOTH excellent recruiters. At the end of the day some prospects DO look how they are i nthe middle of a Dynasty. That's just how it is. BUT Quincy seems smart enough to know that K wants him. And DUKE needs him x1839382929 more Than North Carolina does.
    Duke does not need anybody 1839382929 times more than North Carolina, including HWSNBN.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Recruits are people too

It's not like K and Roy are selling the same car with the same appointments. There are differences between Duke and UNC, and all universities and programs. I highly doubt one is a better recruiter than the other. Maybe, just maybe, the recruits make their own decisions. Maybe they choose based on fit, model, and finish all by themselves. Sure the coaches make great pitches and have some influence, but once the short list is made I'll bet the recruits consciously or not, develop their own pros and cons list, and decide what feels right. Roy didn't swoop in, and get Barnes. Barnes decided to go to chappel hill. Hopefully, Quincy Miller will choose Duke. I think too much is made of the sales job. Ultimately, we make our own choices. These kids aren't drones. Recruiting is overanalyzed sometimes.
    Last edited by Reddevil; 11-18-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: to/too

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    You aren't wrong. I know that UNC , Texas and I think Ohio State have gotten a committment from a junior, but I don't remember, ( could be a senior moment ), aside from Demarcus Nelson any committed Junior. Marshall Plumlee is a junior and I doubt that he will commit until his senior year to a school , ( hopefully to Duke ).
    Andre Dawkins, Tyler Thornton, Josh Hairston, to name three.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Just in the 2010 recruiting class...Hairston, Thornton, and Andre Dawkins all committed before or during their junior year of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Yes and the parasite down the block hasn't gotten in his recruitment yet.
    And at this point in time can't. Miller is a 2011 recruit. UNC-CH is already one scholarship over for their 2011 team. So as of right now all Ol' Roy can do is stay in touch in case a spot opens up this year or next year. If Miller wants to make a decision before his senior year starts both Davis and Henson would need to leave early this year. And right now that'd be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    It's not like K and Roy are selling the same car with the same appointments. There are differences between Duke and UNC, and all universities and programs. I highly doubt one is a better recruiter than the other. Maybe, just maybe, the recruits make their own decisions. Maybe they choose based on fit, model, and finish all by themselves. Sure the coaches make great pitches and have some influence, but once the short list is made I'll bet the recruits consciously or not, develop their own pros and cons list, and decide what feels right. Roy didn't swoop in, and get Barnes. Barnes decided to go to chappel hill. Hopefully, Quincy Miller will choose Duke. I think too much is made of the sales job. Ultimately, we make our own choices. These kids aren't drones. Recruiting is overanalyzed sometimes.

Since Duke offers EVERYTHING Barnksdjfsjdf allegedly wanted in a school then why did he choose UNC over Duke?

Perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    Since Duke offers EVERYTHING Barnksdjfsjdf allegedly wanted in a school then why did he choose UNC over Duke?
    A school down the road also offered EVERYTHING HWSNBN wanted in a school as well? There may actually have been 4-6 schools that offered him what he wanted and perhaps as Reddevil eloquently put it, he made a choice that worked well for him.

Happiness is wanting what you have, not necessarily having what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Yes and the parasite down the block hasn't gotten in his recruitment yet.
    I love this I am going to refer to old roy as coach parasite!

What about

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    I love this I am going to refer to old roy as coach parasite!
    The ole parasite coach down the road? That has a good ring to it. It beats huckleberry hound. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Why are some people conceding to the idea that Roy is a better recruiter than Coach K??
    I am one of those people. I know our great 05 class didn't really work out. But it seems as if Ol' Roy is getting anyone he wants right now.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    To the poster who asked how we know that Quincy Miller is a Duke fan, I'll direct you to his Twitter and Facebook. I'm sure someone can provide a link.
    Airowe, that would be me. I don't ask it as in I doubt it, I was just wondering how we know. What has he said or done to let us know. And I want to know if is he a Duke fan, like I am a Duke fan... fanatical, and obnoxious? If so, then there is no way he goes anywhere else, because if I could play for DUKE it would be a dream come true!!

PS. I would like a link if it is available, if not I can surf it out.

Quote Originally Posted by should_be_working View Post
    Thanks, i can't believe he just turned 16

His tweets speak for themselves. I don't go on Facebook much, but someone posted some of his pics on TDD. He has an entire photo album dedicated to Duke and has pics of him in Duke gear smiling with K, Gerald, I think Wojo, and of him on Cameron's floor simply posing and smiling. I don't even have one of those!

In one of his pics, a Carolina fan said he should go play for Roy Williams. A Duke fan responded, well Roy doesn't have any Olympic Gold Medals. Quincy responded something to the effect of, "He sure doesn't, haha. "

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    His tweets speak for themselves. I don't go on Facebook much, but someone posted some of his pics on TDD. He has an entire photo album dedicated to Duke and has pics of him in Duke gear smiling with K, Gerald, I think Wojo, and of him on Cameron's floor simply posing and smiling. I don't even have one of those!

In one of his pics, a Carolina fan said he should go play for Roy Williams. A Duke fan responded, well Roy doesn't have any Olympic Gold Medals. Quincy responded something to the effect of, "He sure doesn't, haha. "

wooooooooow i just hope it pan's out for the best.