Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I'm just saying...he tweets he's coming for the game - everyone gets stoked, then he tweets oh, can't come I've got a game tonight.

I'm good - it's an intrasquad game. Understood. Just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSince'77 View Post
    I'm just saying...he tweets he's coming for the game - everyone gets stoked, then he tweets oh, can't come I've got a game tonight.
    He later added it was a scrimmage type, maybe the coach called it last minute, or it just slipped his mind. I've got a few years on the kid and I've forgotten about 10 things I had to do way more important than go to a ball game in the past week! If I was dealing with getting recruited as a top tier recruit I would probably have to hire an assistant to follow me around if I wanted to avoid stuff like this...it happens. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    He later added it was a scrimmage type, maybe the coach called it last minute, or it just slipped his mind. I've got a few years on the kid and I've forgotten about 10 things I had to do way more important than go to a ball game in the past week! If I was dealing with getting recruited as a top tier recruit I would probably have to hire an assistant to follow me around if I wanted to avoid stuff like this...it happens. Relax.
    Darn, logged on and forgot what I wanted to say...

Quincy's Twitter.

Found this on Quincys Twitter.. take anything from this ?

@travismckie o yea and don't ever spell Duke wrong my man..we will best wake forest a**

Well he did say WE.

Liking it. Also like how he had a triple double tonight. And if i'm not mistaken... i heard his favorites are Wake and Duke? hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueequalslife23 View Post
    Liking it. Also like how he had a triple double tonight. And if i'm not mistaken... i heard his favorites are Wake and Duke? hmmmm...
    Awesome. Do you know his totals? Was it points, rebounds, assists?

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Most likely

Points, Rebounds and BLOCKS!!

17, 20, and 12 respectively. Kid is a monster and he loves Duke.

Wow. I thought that might be the case. He's a great shot-blocker; he has very long arms. I don't even know the last Duke player that has a game/size/athleticism like he does. Roscoe Smith is actually similar to Quincy.

Thanks for the totals, airowe. That's impressive.

Wow. I thought that might be the case. He's a great shot-blocker; he has very long arms. I don't even know the last Duke player that has a game/size/athleticism like he does. Roscoe Smith is actually similar to Quincy.

Thanks for the totals, airowe. That's impressive.
    The Durant comparison is jinxed. ( Henson) But he sure is an athlete. See him as a Rashard Lewis type player.

The Durant comparison is jinxed. ( Henson) But he sure is an athlete. See him as a Rashard Lewis type player.
    You see Henson as a Rashard Lewis-type, or Miller?

Honestly, I think neither one is too much like Lewis. At least Lewis the way he plays in the NBA. I assume Lewis worked a lot more in the paint in high school than he does now, but neither Henson or Miller look to ever have the kind of long shooting range that Lewis does. I also expect both Miller and Henson to operate much more in the post/inside the 3-pt line in the NBA than Lewis does.

For NBA comps for Miller, I see a little bit of a little bit of a young Kevin Garnett.

I would agree that Henson isn't very much like Durant either. There's a little bit of Durant's pull-up game in Quincy, though.

After the diasappointment with Barnes, I am no longer getting excited about a player saying he is a big Duke fan or get excited when any basketball, " guru", says that Duke is so and so 's top choice.

He is only a junior in high school...many, many, things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    After the diasappointment with Barnes, I am no longer getting excited about a player saying he is a big Duke fan or get excited when any basketball, " guru", says that Duke is so and so 's top choice.

He is only a junior in high school...many, many, things can happen.
    I agree, but I think it's important to put the full court press on Miller and get him to commit as early as possible. His interest seems real, so I hope the staff makes him a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    17, 20, and 12 respectively. Kid is a monster and he loves Duke.
    How do we know that he loves Duke? Is he a Duke fan or does he love Duke in the sense he is a kid that would love to play for Duke and be a part of the program?

To me there is a difference. Let me try to explain, if he is a Duke "fan" and has a chance to come to Duke (as a top recruit and play), then it would be a done deal (IMO). If he is a player that "loves Duke" in the sense that he respects the program but is not necessarily a fan, then we might have to battle some others for his service as he looks for the best fit.

Does that make any sense??

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    How do we know that he loves Duke? Is he a Duke fan or does he love Duke in the sense he is a kid that would love to play for Duke and be a part of the program?

To me there is a difference. Let me try to explain, if he is a Duke "fan" and has a chance to come to Duke (as a top recruit and play), then it would be a done deal (IMO). If he is a player that "loves Duke" in the sense that he respects the program but is not necessarily a fan, then we might have to battle some others for his service as he looks for the best fit.

Does that make any sense??
    I had to learn this the hard way. (HB)

Yes and the parasite down the block hasn't gotten in his recruitment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Yes and the parasite down the block hasn't gotten in his recruitment yet.
    Don't Jinx it my friend, please Don't Jinx it.