I bet that . . .

. . . Don Imus and Jon Corzine are really wishing Lindsey Harding had made those free throws right about now.

Weird how events spin off like that.

So true.

Very good point. I was thinking about that the other night. If those free throws were made we wouldn't even be hearing about this 24-7. Though a man like Imus stupid enough to make those comments was bound to mess up sooner or later. How stupid would you have to be to make such a statement...especially over the air?

I wish she had made them but for a very selfish reason. It's OK, We still love her anyway.

Lindsey Harding free throws and the karmic wheel

At the end of the women's season, I am sure that many of us were thinking, "If only Lindsey Harding had made those free throws at the end of the Rutgers game."

Indeed, if she knocks them down, then perhaps the Duke women claim their first national title. Perhaps this influences the Coach G situation so that she stays at Duke.

But the "what if"s become more profound when you think of it this way...if Lindsey knocks down those FTs, then Rutgers doesn't go to the Final Four and gain the national spotlight. Don Imus doesn't make his ridiculous comments, keeps his job, and a national firestorm on racism and sexism in the media is averted. NJ governor Jon Corzine doesn't need to mediate the Imus-Rutgers team meeting, to which he was on his way when he suffered serious injuries in a car crash. Now those injuries may have major repercussions for the way that state is governed in coming months.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/15/ny...d-corzine.html

Anyway, I guess it just goes to show you how random twists of fate can play out in entirely unexpected ways.

Maybe this guy could shed further light on the situation:

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~illing/research/research.html

Corzine could have helped himself...

by wearing his seatbelt. Please don't take this to mean that I am happy to see him injured etc. I don't like seeing anyone get hurt. There are some relatively simple ways in life to reduce the potential severities of injuries in situations. Wearing your seatbelt is one. Given the nature of Governor Corzine's injuries, this would have likely helped him out.

Some would say that it was Corzine's destiny to be injured in a car crash at that particular time and that if it wasn't mediating the Rutgers-Imus thing, he would have been in the car for some other reason. If you believe that chain of thought, then Lindsay Harding's free throws have absolutely no bearing on the Corzine situation.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

Kurt Vonnegut

This thread reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut novel. He could be chuckling in his grave right now, since he wrote a lot about sequences of events like this. If only...

I miss him.

Grey Devil