Thread: 30 win seasons!

30 win seasons!

K has 10 and counting, I think that's a record. (Ol' roy has 9, Calipari 6, Calhoun 7). Not that the world's greatest coach all time needs our help, but given the tsunami throwing this FACT out there wouldn't hurt. Just a thought.

Anybody find a list?

I'm pretty sure that K has 11 and Roy has 10. CBS mentioned that they were tied at 10 30-win seasons for about 3 hours in Greensboro, during the second round.

I think that's right. It's a remarkable accomplishment for both K and Roy. Of course, as teams play more games, 30 win seasons may become more common. But K has the most, and he has done it against ACC competition, which makes it even more impressive (compared to Calipari's 30 win seasons, accomplished against A-10 and CUSA level competition). Roy's accomplishment, in the Big12 and ACC, is nearly as impressive as K's (just as his 2 NC's is nearly as impressive, but not quite, as K's 3). Time for Duke to turn it up and keep the better coach in the lead in total wins, 30 win seasons, ACC champioships, and National Championships!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    I'm pretty sure that K has 11 and Roy has 10. CBS mentioned that they were tied at 10 30-win seasons for about 3 hours in Greensboro, during the second round.
    Yea, that cracked me up. I was BEGGING Duke to win that game so K could stay ahead of Roy. I was VERY relieved when they won. The world was right again. I hope K always has at least one more national title and one more 30 win season than Roy.