Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Seth Curry discussion

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.c...D=3750&TeamID=

Above is his statement.

Rumors abound that he will be joining an ACC school...

Interesting stuff

Wow... any good guesses on which ACC school? I would guess Virginia, but they have no coach in place, so I don't think he'll go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    Wow... any good guesses on which ACC school? I would guess Virginia, but they have no coach in place, so I don't think he'll go there.
    That or Virginia Tech (unless the family has washed their hands of the place after Steph and Seth went essentially unrecruited).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

He must have had his mind made up considering their season ended less then 24 hours ago. He played 38 minutes last night in the CIT tournament for Liberty.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Rumors abound that he will be joining an ACC school...
    Anything besides rumors?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    He must have had his mind made up considering their season ended less then 24 hours ago. He played 38 minutes last night in the CIT tournament for Liberty.
    I attended the second half of last night's game against James Madison. Seth really struggled to get his shot off and seemed flat. I'm sure television exposure played the largest role in his decision, but it probably didn't help that the Vine's Center was usually more than half-empty. It's too bad because this Liberty team recorded some big wins (UVA and George Mason), competed for the Big South title, and was a lot of fun to watch. Liberty has a solid recruiting class coming in next year and they would have almost certainly competed for the Big South title had Curry returned.

It's hard to see him go, but I wish him the best at his new school--as long as that school doesn't wear powder blue.

Come to duke bro

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Anything besides rumors?
    Not that I know of, but considering the family's involvement and interest in attending all of the games, the ACC makes a lot of sense.

We could use a SG in 2010 when Jon is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Anything besides rumors?
    FWIW, Seth is openly telling his Liberty friends that he wants to transfer to an ACC school. Earlier today he said he has a "couple in mind, but nothing firm."

We could use a SG in 2010 when Jon is gone...
    If he's transferring to increase his NBA stock, I'd guess he's looking for a place where he can develop as a PG.
    Last edited by mph; 03-24-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    If he's transferring to increase his NBA stock, I'd guess he's looking for a place where he can develop as a PG.
    Okay. We could use another pg in 2010. Whatever. We could use a curry. Smart kids, good family, athletic pedigree, great talent. Sounds like a few kids we have had before. That being said, I know K is not big on transfers coming in. Oh well.

Okay. We could use another pg in 2010. Whatever. We could use a curry. Smart kids, good family, athletic pedigree, great talent. Sounds like a few kids we have had before. That being said, I know K is not big on transfers coming in. Oh well.
    A certain transfer from Rutgers wasn't too bad...

13. Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    A certain transfer from Rutgers wasn't too bad...
    Both of our transfers have been very, very successful in college and gone on to multiple seasons in the NBA.

How many players have transferred in to Duke during the K era. Only two come to mind immediately... Mcleod and Jones. Surely there are more...?

How many players have transferred in to Duke during the K era. Only two come to mind immediately... Mcleod and Jones. Surely there are more...?
    Nope. Methinks that is it.

that's it... the only other one in the last 30 or so years was bender from IU
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

You are correct concerning transfers under Krzyzewksi; shortly before K arrived, however, Bob Bender transferred to Duke from Indiana to play for Bill Foster. Bender played on Knight's 1976 undefeated IU team and for Foster's 1978 NCAA runner-up team. He's the only person to have ever played in two NCAA championship games for different schools. He was later one of K's assistant coaches (and after that, the HC at Illinois State and UDub -- 9yrs).

Bender is an interesting dude. Now with the Hawks, I think.

Aside from the war years (where there were several), I don't think there have been any other transfers to Duke basketball. If so, I can't think of them.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Count me in! I have no issue at all taking a transfer with Curry's talent. From what little I have seen of him, he appears to be like his brother in that the kid has game. Sign him up!

If this was his brother it would be something of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    If this was his brother it would be something of interest
    Obviously you haven't seen the kid play...