Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Watch the games online free

It's a fast stream, and you can choose your games.
    http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/player?ga...a746c2648&w=90

No sign in required.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Those with iPhones, there is a MMOD app out there that streams the game to your phone. It's $5, but I imagine it's well worth it.

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

iPhone app is worth it

...especially if you don't have any other access. I'm watching right now and video and audio quality is very good. Kind of a battery suck, but unobtrusive in a work environment with the sound off (not like your flat screen dominating the room, for example). Just keep it plugged in if you plan to use it most of the day.

(BTW, I just heard on it that UConn's Calhoun has been taken to the hospital and won't coach today's game! Second time this season.)

Grey Devil

is it working for yall? i can't get it to work...

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by nawlins11bd View Post
    is it working for yall? i can't get it to work...
    You must be connected to a wireless network. Doesn't work with Edge or 3G...

Does anyone have any general tips for making the stream smoother and less choppy? I close other programs and avoid the HD stream for this reason, but it's still nowhere near as fluid as TV.

Aren't they all free

on cbs.com?

regarding the top link:

they require you to use Internet Explorer and require you to install some additional software (some *.cab file).

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    regarding the top link:

they require you to use Internet Explorer and require you to install some additional software (some *.cab file).
    I'm using Firefox... and I didn't have to install anything. Maybe I had the software already.

Dang! I'll try again.

You must have added Silverlight. (?) I know nothing about it, and usually try and check these things out before I agree to them (prior experience suggests it is really wise to do so).

Here's the message I get:

Standard Player Requirements

* Microsoft Windows XP/Vista
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or above
    * Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 or above

High Quality Player Requirements

* Microsoft Silverlight 2 (Click here to view system requirements)

Has anyone noticed that they don't let you switch to another game during a commercial? Pretty tricky.

The Silverlight quality at NCAA.com is fantastic! I highly recommend installing it.

Free games

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    The Silverlight quality at NCAA.com is fantastic! I highly recommend installing it.

Living in Las Vegas I had to watch on my laptop, since the UCLA game was on here. The quality is really good on silverlight, its pretty fluid, and the announcers come in clear. Only issues are commercials you can't change games but thats no huge deal there. Also, its about 30 seconds off from whats on TV so if the score is showing on the TV it will be different on the computer. Anyway overall good stuff can't complain with free this day in age. Probably the best thing CBS has done with the tourney to date.

14. For those of us outside the U.S., this is a GODSEND. A Godsend, I tell you.

iPhone app

I watched the first half on my iPhone. Video was very choppy, and the audio was out of sync, which was really annoying because I would hear what happened before I saw it. Knowing a little bit about streaming video, I believe the problem is not with the speed of the wireless connection but rather the decoder - the iPhone's CPU is just not fast enough to keep up with that much data.

Anyways, without the sound it provided a reasonable viewing experience and a pleasant reminder of how far technology has come. Not having cable TV, I wish this had been available all season!

Outside US Tourny Watching

The MMOD application is fantastic. Many of you aren't used to the less than stellar TV on PC quality but I have been using Slingbox all year to get my Duke games while I have been moved overseas. The box is installed at my parents place in Florida. I highly recommend overseas Duke fans to find a friend in the states and install the box on their spare TV. You can watch TV anytime from overseas.

I decided to go with the MMOD at CBS over the slingbox because the MMOD has far less delay in the game AND of course you can watch the game you want the whole time without getting switched to another one.

Isn't technology great?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Dukie View Post

Isn't technology great?
    Yes, yes it is. It would be better if I could synch the Bob Harris internet radio feed with the ncaa/cbs video.

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    Yes, yes it is. It would be better if I could synch the Bob Harris internet radio feed with the ncaa/cbs video.
    From your fingers to the techno-gods ears! Also, a consistently reliable online link to Bob Harris would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    Actually. I like it being a little bit ahead (about 7 secs) it helps you see the play setting up.

Oh, and Slingbox ROCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Does anyone have any general tips for making the stream smoother and less choppy? I close other programs and avoid the HD stream for this reason, but it's still nowhere near as fluid as TV.
    What kind of Internet speed do you get?

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/