Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread. I read the boards almost daily and haven't seen a mention of it. Anyway...has anyone else noticed that Scheyer's FT "routine" is not a routine at all? Jon is inconsistent in the way he approaches FT's. When he follows through on his shot - e.g. hands "hanging" for a second or so after the release, he shoots about 90%. But...when he shoots it quick - flicks his wrist and drops his hands suddenly, he's shooting maybe around 50%. I've noticed this a lot in games in the last 3rd of the season. Probably because Jon has been going to the line more often lately.

The weird thing is, he'll sometimes change up what he's doing at the line from the 1st to the 2nd attempt on a two-shot foul. It's odd and I would think a seasoned, smart player like Scheyer would have a more established routine that he'd follow. I always thought that was one of the reasons JJ was so good - he did the exact same thing at the line each time he shot a FT. When he went to the line for his final attempt tonight against BC, I was screaming at the TV, "Follow THROUGH! Don't just flick it up there!". Of course he flicked it and missed. He actually makes a lot of those even with poor form which I guess just goes to show what a good shooter he is.

Anyway...I hope the coaching staff is working with Jon on establishing and following a good routine for his FT's - he could be JJ deadly for us at the end of games.