Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ACC Tournament: Non-Duke Games

Here we go!!

Hokies start off hot, hitting two threes.

Miami seems way out of sync on offense, while VaTech seems hungry.

12-2...wow.

16-6

11:47 left in the first half and VaTech’s up by ten. Sounds like (I’m listening online) VaTech is doing a good job of mixing it up, shooting from outside and driving the lane. Miami just seems helpless, and I don’t know if McClinton has scored yet. They better get their butts in gear or they’re gonna be NIT-bound.

Miami starting to heat up now, they hit back-to-back threes to cap off a 9-0 run.

28-24 VaTech with a minute left.

Barring a miraculous comeback, it looks like Vtech has this one in the bag. I personally did not care who won although I was leaning towards Miami because if they won, it would have given us another RPI top 50 win. Nonetheless, good defense and tough rebounding fueled Vtech on their decisive second half run.

VT by 19 with 1 minute left. Ball game over!

Miami's bubble has burst, for sure. Pity as I think they had an ok chance to make it if they had an impressive win over Va Tech. Va Tech probably needs to upset Carolina or at least play them very, very close.

-Jason "ACC bubble has been bad lately" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    VT by 19 with 1 minute left. Ball game over!

Miami's bubble has burst, for sure. Pity as I think they had an ok chance to make it if they had an impressive win over Va Tech. Va Tech probably needs to upset Carolina or at least play them very, very close.

-Jason "ACC bubble has been bad lately" Evans
    Hokies have played UNC tough the last few years and, like them or not, have been a touch hard-nosed team since joining the ACC, often playing with a major chip. In contrast, I would not use the word tough to describe UNC. Given the VA Tech need for a win, I wouldn't be surprised to see them play UNC close and maybe steal a win.
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

With Miami's 7-9 ACC record, they were going to the NIT regardless of whether they beat Va Tech, another 7-9 team, convincingly. Miami had to make it to at least the semis in Atlanta.

Va Tech needs a win over Carolina, or at least a great showing. If not, the ACC is probably a seven bid league depending on what Maryland does. Maryland beats State, and I think its win over North Carolina will be in near enough memory to get the Terrapins in the Dance, despite having only gone 7-9 themselves in the ACC.

If Tech and Maryland both lose tomorrow and today, respectively, then the ACC might only get six.

That was not what I was expecting. I was somewhat pulling for Miami but not that invested. However, I did expect this to be the best first-round game. What a disappointment.

ACC Tournament: Georgia Tech vs. Clemson

We could be in for a doozy here...

Georgia Tech still up on Clemson halfway through the second half!

Yeah, I have missed a good portion of this game since I DVR'd the Miami-VT game which was a disappointment. I have thought all year GT has under achieved. Aminu, Clinch, and Lawal are a much better team then their record has shown.

67-55 Ga Tech with 8 minutes.

Holy moly.

GTU is going to the semifinals, aren't they?

Clemson looks just pitiful. Their interior passing is completely inept. And interior defense is worse. Pretty lame performance by the Tigers.They are down 10 with about 5 to go and appear that they will completely fold up. Tech looks very confident and Clemson looks like Maryland. Ogilvy cannot throw it in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    GTU is going to the semifinals, aren't they?
    I dunno. Sounds like Clinch might have just gotten injured.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Thumbs up VT

Good game for VT. They played as a team and played hard. To bad they didn't do that all year. On the plus side they won with Delaney having an off game (1-10) and only shooting 27% from 3. So it wasn't like they won by shooting lights out, they looked really solid. Can they actually string multiple games together with that effort and cohesion? Thats the big question. If Lawson doesn't play, I can definately see a hokie W when they play UNC. and if they beat UNC, I think they are in the dance.

On the other side of the ball Miami looked bad. I know McClinton was injured but his team did not have his back. They got out hustled, out rebounded, and out played.

Clemson's pressure has narrowed it to a 4-point contest. 1:09 left kids.

Wow. Clemson finally making this a game.

Aminu misses a close one, then Oglesby hits a three to cut it to 79-75

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    Clemson looks just pitiful. Their interior passing is completely inept. And interior defense is worse. Pretty lame performance by the Tigers.They are down 10 with about 5 to go and appear that they will completely fold up. Tech looks very confident and Clemson looks like Maryland. Ogilvy cannot throw it in the ocean
    The Duke curse may be striking early. The Duke win may have been the high point of their season.

Clump kinda sucks now. I hope they enjoy that 27 point win they got over us, it sure didn't get them anything though.