Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    OU - Griffin (plus the true emotional difficulties and unfairness associated with Coach Capel competing against Duke)
    Would the players really be affected by going against Capel? None of them were around when he played. I think it will have an impact on Coach K and the staff, but players-wise, I don't see this affecting them.

As everyone's been saying, UConn and Pitt are match-up nightmares for us. Not sure we can handle the big inside presence

UNC, UConn, pitt and us?

If we win either tomorrow or the ACC championship, I think we are right there with the other top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdukie View Post
    I wouldn't want to play UCONN. Thabeet and their guards, even without Dyson, scare me. I can see the committee putting us in the same bracket with OU.
    I would love to see Thabeet guarding Singler at the top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    To me, at this point of the season, there are 3 teams (UNC, Pitt, UConn) deserving of a #1 seed that I think Duke would have a tough (but very possible) time beating. I like Duke's chances to beat every other team, though you never know on a given day.
    I agree 100%.

UConn, Pitt, and UNC are the 3 teams that NOBODY would chose to face, including Duke.

Although the committee may try to match up the best #1 with the worst #2, the worst #1 with the best #2, and so on, it doesn't always work out that way due to the pod system. Duke will most likely be in the BOSTON regional, which is where UConn most likely will end up. I could also see them sending us out West to play in Oklahoma's region.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdukie View Post
    I wouldn't want to play UCONN. Thabeet and their guards, even without Dyson, scare me. I can see the committee putting us in the same bracket with OU.
    If we are hitting our outside shots, we will be a matchup nightmare for UConn.

Heck, if we are hitting our outside shots, we are a matchup nightmare for anyone.

pitt vs uconn

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    If we are hitting our outside shots, we will be a matchup nightmare for UConn.
    Agreed... Thabeet causes more trouble for teams that get are used to scoring by getting into the lane and getting high-percentage shots, which is admittedly not really our style. Plus, he's not quite the force Blair is on the offensive end, so we could conceivably go small and cause UConn bigger matchup problems than they cause us.

Pitt is who really scares me. Anyone see them dominate UConn again today? Blair would be problem enough for us, not to even mention Sam Young. That guy is an absolute animal.

Pitt and UConn are the teams I'd most want to avoid due to their size and defensive ability.

Louisville has a great record and some good wins, but I don't think they are a terrible matchup for Duke by any means.

The only team I watch as much as Duke is Michigan State, and I wouldn't discount the Spartans. I'm not just saying that as a fan, either. State is legitimately 11 deep, rebounds as well as anyone in America including Pitt and UConn, and is finally healthy after juggling lineups all season. Their rebounding could give the Devils trouble, and their style of defense could as well. They have finally begun to get substitution patterns down and will soon be free of the officiating and style shackles of the Big 10. I would not judge State on the basis of their game against UNC. They are not the same team that played that game.

A game with Duke and State would probably be a pick-em game, with one of the stars (Kyle, G, or Lucas) tipping the balance.

dukemsu

I'd actually rather face hansborough than thabeet, griffin, or blair.

What about Duke vs OU? Capel vs Coach K? Could be interesting

After yesterday, Pitt looks like the team to beat.

Honestly, although I think Pitt and Uconn are better teams, I would rather face either of them than face Louisville, given our shaky play against the press this year. Pitt plays tough defense, especially in the post, but they are a bit suspect on the perimeter and I think would have a tough time matching up with Duke's lineup offensively. UConn as can guard a small lineup, and I'm not sure they would do well against our defensive pressure either. I think if Duke can avoid drawing Louisville somehow in our bracket, and assuming there is no way they would put UNC in the same bracket, then I really like the potential matchups.