In order to have a more enjoyable March I want to list my Pet Peeves about pre-tournament and tournament college basketball. If I offend anyone I apologize. If you agree or disagree I won't defend my points I just need to get them out of my head so I can enjoy March Duke Basketball.

1. Fans that will argue the regular season and ACC tournament do not matter.

In Cameron there are banners for every tournament and regular season championship.
In any history of Duke basketball there are lists of tournament and regular season championships.
Players who leave Duke are remembered as ACC tournament and/or regular season champions if they earn these championships.
Winning the regular season or tournament guarantees a higher seed than the teams that do not win these championships.

2. Announcers who are still reading from the pre-season footnotes.

For example, there will be an announcer that will say that UNC is the deepest team in the tournament and will mention that Roy can rotate in Tyler Zeller and Ed Davis up front. This announcer will fail to notice that UNC's starters all play 30+ minutes a game.

There will be an announcer that will say Duke can not defend against dominant point guards and will mention that Duke could not guard Ty Lawson, but they will fail to mention that Duke could handle Vasquez and Delaney. They will also conveniently forget that no one can handle Ty Lawson. They will also forget that Wake had to play both of their point guards since Elliot Williams was giving them fits when only one point guard was on the floor.

I could go on about this but I have a solution to my troubles which is the mute button.

3. Announcers/fans/coaches that complain about teams missing the tournament.

VT is a good example. They are on the bubble right now NOT because Duke just beat them, but beause they lost to Seton Hall, Georgia and Virginia. Take care of business in November and December and you won't be on the bubble.

4. TV producers that forget how to cover basketball games.

This happens all the time not just in March but it gets worse in March.

For example, I was lucky enough to be at the Duke/Wake game and got to see Elliot make 2-3 steals early in the game. I had also taped the game hoping to rewatch these steals. Instead I saw some wonderful shots of the crowd. Please keep the cameras on the game!!!!

The dreaded "Let's cut away/or to the Duke game" which means that Duke is doing well and we won't let you see the game or Duke is about to lose and we want to let you endure the misery.

TV networks have so many channels they should just put a game on each channel and stop the ridiculous moves from one game to another. If I want to watch another game I will change the channel.

Enough ranting for now. I feel better.