Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    To all the Seniors, men and women, thank you for a load of entertainment to an old guy these later few years.

Congratulations and best wishes.

2. Just outta my curiosity, do (the guys)the Blue Devils read the Elizabeth King Forum? It would be really awesome if they do!

The Night Dave McClure Beat Clemson

For the record, this is also Marty Pocius' senior night. The RS junior from Lithuania is foregoing his final year of eligibility.

5. These are the days

Last edited by jpfrizzle; 03-01-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: found a more appropiate video of Greg

Quote Originally Posted by BWIV View Post
    For the record, this is also Marty Pocius' senior night. The RS junior from Lithuania is foregoing his final year of eligibility.
    Has this been published anywhere? We've all been wondering...

-jk

Unhappy If true, this makes me sad...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Has this been published anywhere? We've all been wondering...

-jk
    Hi,

I always felt Marty was one step away from breaking out and being a solid contributor.

GO DUKE!

Senior Night for Marty, too...

Apparently (Chron blog), he will bypass a possible final year, and finish his Duke career.

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/cat...ns-basketball/

Marty Bypasses Extra Year, Will Be Honored Senior Night

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/200...f-eligibility/

Marty Pocius, a redshirt junior who has battled injuries in his four years at Duke, will bypass his fifth season of eligibility, the program announced in a release Sunday
    Last edited by Troublemaker; 03-01-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added more direct link

Mods, a thread like this got merged with the senior night, but it might be worth having this as a separate thread, since it is fairly new information. People that aren't reading the senior thread would miss out on this if it keeps getting merged.

Marty

I wish him only the best. I assume he'll return to Europe and I hope he'll do well.

Not the least bit surprising. Hopefully wherever Pocius winds up next year works out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Mods, a thread like this got merged with the senior night, but it might be worth having this as a separate thread, since it is fairly new information. People that aren't reading the senior thread would miss out on this if it keeps getting merged.
    I agree. This thread will be left unmerged.

It is a real shame for Marty that he never really developed into an important member of the playing team. However, I would assume he learned a lot under K, and hopefully it will serve him going forward.

Wow, we're going to be VERY THIN on the perimeter next year if Gerald Henderson leaves.

Coach K really needs to add one maybe two guards from the HS Senior class: John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, etc

I saw Marty at Crabtree Valley Mall last Monday afternoon and he seemed to be a very nice guy. Was with a girl and you could tell he was treating her very nice. I wish him the best and really wish we could have used his talents better the last 4 years (and no, I'm not second guessing K).

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    Wow, we're going to be VERY THIN on the perimeter next year if Gerald Henderson leaves.

Coach K really needs to add one maybe two guards from the HS Senior class: John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, etc
    At the very least, we'll have Scheyer, Smith and Williams. Plus, we're bringing in two talented bigs, so that'll enable Singler to play more at the 3. And you never know what might happen in April or May -- look at how Duke ended up with Miles Plumlee.

I suggest we worry about next year when this season ends, though. Best to enjoy the ride that remains and use this thread to thank Marty for his contributions over the years.

Wow. Well, he's a great kid and I'm sure he's doing what is best for him. I wish him all the luck, and he will be missed.

And according to that article, Jordan is staying? I had wondered if something was up with him this season because he hasn't played at all. Had no idea he was redshirting.
    Last edited by Kim*; 03-01-2009 at 06:50 PM.

(Okay so scratch that thing I said about Jordan earlier. Since he's apparently sticking around, according to that article.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim* View Post
    Wow. Well, he's a great kid and I'm sure he's doing what is best for him. I wish him all the luck, and he will be missed.

And according to that article, Jordan is staying? I had wondered if something was up with him this season because he hasn't played at all. Had no idea he was redshirting.
    Well that gives us four guards coming back for sure next year.