Interesting sentences...

Tanaka Tomoyuki found this sentence which consists of exactly three `T's, ten `a's, one `b', six `c's, four `d's, forty-one `e's, fourteen `f's, three `g's, thirteen `h's, twenty-one `i's, one `j', three `k's, five `l's, four `m's, twenty-nine `n's, twenty-four `o's, four `p's, two `q's, sixteen `r's, forty `s's, thirty-one `t's, nine `u's, five `v's, eight `w's, six `x's, twelve `y's, one `z', six hyphens, thirty commas, twenty-seven pairs of single quotes, and a final period.

This pangram contains two hundred nineteen letters: five a's, one b, two c's, four d's, thirty-one e's, eight f's, three g's, six h's, fourteen i's, one j, one k, two l's, two m's, twenty-six n's, seventeen o's, two p's, one q, ten r's, twenty-nine s's, twenty-four t's, six u's, five v's, nine w's, four x's, five y's, and one z.

'is a sentence with no subject' is a sentence with no subject.

This sentense contains exactly three erors.

In order to make sense of "this sentence", you will have to ignore the quotes in "it".

Let us make a new convention: that anything enclosed in triple quotes, for example, '''No, I have decided to change my mind; when the triple quotes close, just skip directly to the period and ignore everything up to it''', is not even to be read (much less paid attention to or obeyed).

I am the set of neural firings taking place in your brain as you read the set of letters in this sentence and think about me.

This inert sentence is my body, but my soul is alive, dancing in the sparks of your brain.

Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.

I had to translate this sentence into English because I could not read the original Sanskrit.

The sentence now before your eyes spent a month in Hungarian last year and was only recently translated back into English.

If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not be paradoxical.

The reader of this sentence exists only while reading me.

If this sentence didn't exist, someone would have invented it.

If wishes were horses, the antecedent of this conditional would be true.

This sentence is not about itself, but about whether it is about itself.

In the time it takes you to read this sentence, eighty-six letters could have been processed by your brain.

This is to be or actually not two sentences to be, that is the question, combined.

This sentence every third, but it still comprehensible.

This sentence, though not interrogative, nevertheless ends in a question mark?

What is a question that mentions the word "umbrella" for no apparent reason?

This sentence contains ten words, eighteen syllables and sixty-four letters.

The following sentence is completely identical with this one, except that the words "following" and "preceeding" have been exchanged, as have the words "except" and "in", and the phrases "identical with" and "different from".

The preceeding sentence is completely different from this one, in that the words "preceeding" and "following" have been exchanged, as have the words "in" and "except", and the phrases "different from" and "identical with".

If the meanings of "true" and "false" were switched, then this sentence wouldn't be false.

In this sentence, the concluding three words "were left out".

If I were you, who would be reading this sentence?

Every last word in this sentence is a grotesque misspelling of "towmatow".

If writers were bakers, this sentence would be exactly a dozen words long.

If this sentence had been at the beginning of the list, this very moment would have occurred approximately five minutes ago.

This sentence, in a sudden and courageous burst of altruism, tries to abandon the self-referential mode but fails. This sentence tries again, but the attempt is doomed from the start.

Blood just shot out of my eyes.

I'm dead now. Happy?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bdh21 View Post
    Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.
    It is too a word. I use it lots while in polite company.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I can't be held responsible for lisps or other speech impediments!

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post

I'm dead now. Happy?

I laughed so hard I cried when I saw this mainly because I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm a linguist...

and my eyes totally glazed over--no blood shooting out yet.

As a nod to my profession, I promise to read more carefully tomorrow when I'm not super full on awesome tacos and getting ready for a sci-fi fest @ my place.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I usually utter this after several brews and a series of turnovers or particularly bad shot choices by our beloved MBB team.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post

I'm dead now. Happy?

That and the avatar. Too much for me to handle...

Quote Originally Posted by bluebutton View Post
    and my eyes totally glazed over--no blood shooting out yet.

As a nod to my profession, I promise to read more carefully tomorrow when I'm not super full on awesome tacos and getting ready for a sci-fi fest @ my place.
    I encourage you to. Almost all of the (shorter) sentences are worth going back and examining in close detail. There are some absolutely fascinating ideas lurking behind many.

Ok...

Now blood has shot out of my eyes. Should not have read that as a "break" from the mind-numbing detail of organizing person reference formulations by referent.