Hey all- I'm a Stanford fan and it's been a rough year this year. On our boards, there has been some major debate on if (and when) Dawkins can turn around the troubled ship. After a clean walk through the out-of-conference schedule against some awful competition, the team has imploded in the Pac-10 (and frankly an off-year in the P10). The ugliest moment was this weekend's loss to Oregon who was 0-14 in conference.

Most fans agree that you need to allow some time, but the question I have for you guys is simple. Why will JD be successful?

I've heard the positives...nice guy, great player, NBA background

But we've also heard the negatives...not a recruiter, not really an X's and O's guy, no west coast history

Can he get the kind of athletes that would fit into the Duke system as that's what he's installed? What disciples of your Coach were successful in installing the Duke system at their new schools?

Next year is going to be way rougher as the team graduates 4 seniors and Dawkins has only got 1 commit (3 star guy). Lost out on a bunch and this is before the bad Pac-10 schedule. On the plus side, Stanford has a ton of scholies available (think at least 5 open) and the quality of the returnees means that plenty of playing time is available.