New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Wireless Headphones

I bought a set tonight for 15 bucks. I am loving them. Right now everyone is asleep, and I'm listening to the Md. game loudly. Earlier, as they watched TV, I listened to the womens game from my computer, all without the umbilical cord hanging off my ears. I stepped out earlier to see how the range held up, and I got music. I found out that the headset must be naturally tuned to my local NPR frequency, because that's what I listened to when I lost connection to the transmitter. This is great because I love NPR, it's all I listen to on the radio. But aside from that quirk, the headset is awesome. I can put a cd in on the stereo, and listen to it by myself in the bedroom. Very cool.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Okay...I was going to say. You're posting during the game! Have you no sense of decency?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay...I was going to say. You're posting during the game! Have you no sense of decency?
    Game was "over" during post. While I listened on my wireless headphones. These things are way fun.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I've had a set of JVC brand for four or five years now. I thought the batteries would be long gone by now but they are holding up very well. I followed a suggestion I heard from somebody (I forget who) that told me that while they were new, run the batteries to fully dead before recharging. They would last longer that way. He said it was true for all deep cycles. This has so far been followed for all devices I have with a deep cycle battery power source and I have seen positive results. I don't know how or why it works, but I endorse this method.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I followed a suggestion I heard from somebody (I forget who) that told me that while they were new, run the batteries to fully dead before recharging. They would last longer that way. He said it was true for all deep cycles. This has so far been followed for all devices I have with a deep cycle battery power source and I have seen positive results. I don't know how or why it works, but I endorse this method.
    I have heard the same, and in fact many rechargeable devices used to come with this specific instruction.

Does anybody out there know if this is still true? Battery technology has changed a lot over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I have heard the same, and in fact many rechargeable devices used to come with this specific instruction.

Does anybody out there know if this is still true? Battery technology has changed a lot over the past few years.
    With metal hydride batteries, yes it is still true. With Lithium Ion (LiO) batteries, not so much, but it couldn't hurt!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com