View Poll Results: What do you think of the new jerseys?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

57 30.16%
  • Nay

56 29.63%
  • Meh

16 8.47%
  • Just win, baby

60 31.75%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Those suck. I know Nike pretty much owns everyone's soul, but I cannot believe Coach K approved of this. Whether or not it fits in line with the message the Team USA uniforms were trying to convey, I don't really care. Those jerseys pictured above don't convey Duke Basketball; they convey a 50 Cent and Sean Combs MC'ed game on the playground.

Unbelievable. Just when you think our jerseys can't get any worse. Please tell me what's wrong with these:

My goodness.
    The best uniform ever!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    This has to be one of the funniest posts I've seen in quite a while. I wonder how many will not understand it like they did get the Animal House reference DBR Headlines. I also wonder if people didn't get the reference because they don't watch many movies or if they are just so young that they aren't aware of some of the classic lines from "my" era?
    As someone who did layout for The Chronicle I get it. Heck, I've tried making Pantone jokes myself. Duke Blue is PMS 287, btw.

Nice Win and Congrats

Nice win and congrats on a good win against a tough BC team.

I was gonna leave it at that, until I read a private message that besmirched by beloved school, so now I'm going to have to add...

I know this isn't new, but what's with the watermark on the back of your team's jersey? I know the new threads are made of some sort of high-tech wicking fabric, but I would humbly suggest that the look could be improved upon. (Not that I'm in love with UNC's uniform, or have been since the early 90s, but still...)

Go Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziggazoomba View Post

I was gonna leave it at that, until I read a private message that besmirched by beloved school, so now I'm going to have to add...

I know this isn't new, but what's with the watermark on the back of your team's jersey? I know the new threads are made of some sort of high-tech wicking fabric, but I would humbly suggest that the look could be improved upon. (Not that I'm in love with UNC's uniform, or have been since the early 90s, but still...)

Go Heels.
    I guess they're just trying to make the Duke uniforms as ridiculous as the Heels' uniforms over the past decade (remember the Jordan uniforms from the early 2000s?).

It's just Nike trying to make some money with new jerseys they can throw on the shelves - same old, same old. This is hardly limited to Duke.

Go Heels.
    It's the Gothic buildings on campus... not sure I like it, but it is the same type of jersey that the USA team wore in China this summer.
    DukeDevilDeb

I seem to be in the minority, but I really like the new uniforms. The pattern on the back is very unique.

Oh, I know----

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I guess they're just trying to make the Duke uniforms as ridiculous as the Heels' uniforms over the past decade (remember the Jordan uniforms from the early 2000s?).

It's just Nike trying to make some money with new jerseys they can throw on the shelves - same old, same old. This is hardly limited to Duke.
    I know it's not limited to Duke---didn't mean to suggest it was.

I should be clear---I cringe every time a new Tar Heel uni gets rolled out. I haven't like ours since before the days of Alexander Julian and the argyle.

I just thought the watermark was funky, and though I despise all things Duke generally, I have at least generally liked your uniforms over the years.

The "watermark" is a thinning of the fabric, for lack of a better term, to make the uniforms 31% lighter, breathe better, and handle sweat better. The players chose the design to represent the entire school, not just the basketball team. It's an image of one of the many "gothic" windows around campus on many dorms and academic buildings. I would have gone for a respresentation of the three nactional championship trophies myself, but nobody's perfect.

BTW, there's an entire thread about this. Check it out for pictures.

I'm not really big on the uniforms either, I think they're making them too "busy".

Who was Alexander Julian? Never heard of a UNC player by that name.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    The "watermark" is a thinning of the fabric, for lack of a better term, to make the uniforms 31% lighter, breathe better, and handle sweat better. The players chose the design to represent the entire school, not just the basketball team. It's an image of one of the many "gothic" windows around campus on many dorms and academic buildings. I would have gone for a respresentation of the three nactional championship trophies myself, but nobody's perfect.

BTW, there's an entire thread about this. Check it out for pictures.
    The embedded design is something Nike wants to sell in addition to the new fabric being used. This, too, will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bossesjoe View Post
    I'm not really big on the uniforms either, I think they're making them too "busy".

He wasn't a player. He was the guy who designed their hideous argyle uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by bossesjoe View Post

Since this conversation is via the Internet and not in person, it's unclear whether you're being facetious or serious... or maybe just not a fashionista.

Go Heels.
    Welcome back, Aziggazoomba. I tend to agree with you regarding both sets of uniforms. I try to overlook the designs in favor of focusing on the game results.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Since this conversation is via the Internet and not in person, it's unclear whether you're being facetious or serious... or maybe just not a fashionista.
    That was completely serious, I apologize for my ignorance in that area but it's definitely not my forte. The women in my life do a pretty good job of keeping me covered.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Here is a link to the shoe story: http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/blog.asp?pid=352

There is a similarity with the back of the new jerseys so they are probably related.
    Thanks for the shoe link. I had to chuckle at how Duke Blue Planet made it sound so cutting edge... "on one of the two iMac iD stations using state-of-the-art NikeiD technology." Except for the custom toe piece graphic, anyone can get these.

I ordered my daughter some Nike iD soccer cleats almost 2 years ago. It's pretty cool - custom colors for multiple parts of the shoe. You can put some text and your # on it and customize with team mascot graphics on the cleats I got. And only like $10 - $15 more expensive that the base line model of the shoe.
    Last edited by Nesto; 03-14-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo