Post Duke's Old Pal Gregg Doyel "Fesses Up" About His Targets

Doyel 'fesses up:" I had a radio show ...Hell, you know me---everyone was a target."
    The immediate target is....
    http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11399387/rss

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The comments are awesome. Just about everyone who wrote back sees right through him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This guy is way out of control. 90% of what he writes is trashing someone else, and he doesn't do homework. Do you think he has any idea of why Griffey really chose Seattle? Does he have any idea if there is another motive he isn't aware of? He finds one circumstance to base his opinion on and then shoots off at the mouth. That is not journalism.

Wow. That is just shameful, even for Doyel. I am actually sorry I clicked on the link, because I'm sure somebody keeps track of his hits and I don't want to add to any perception that such drivel is worth reading.

I mean, come on, how the HELL does Gregg Doyel know what is best for Ken Griffey Jr.'s family? Is it really that odd that one of the best known players of his era would want to finish his career in the place he had some of his best years?

And after many paragraphs of ranting about that, we get to the real point of the article: telling the world about how big, bad Griffey threw a water bottle at poor Greggie poo. He even finishes by insulting the reader, which I'll bet he added after re-reading the whole thing and realizing no literate adult would ever buy such an argument. This guy is, plain and simple, an embarrASSment.

Doyel spreads his ignorance across all sports. As a Steelers fan, I found these back to back Doyel blog comments during the Super Bowl to be classic illustrations of what a front running hack he is.

Doyel Comment #1 (after Larry Fitzgerald goes 65 yards and the Cardinals go up 23 - 20 with 2:40 to go)

Posted on: February 1, 2009 9:49 pm

Steelers suck

And you know you do, Steelers fans. Win or lose, your team sucks. Chokers. How embarrassing.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Chokers.

Arizona 23-20 after that TD by Fitty.

Doyel Blog Comment #2 (after the Steelers go 88 yards in 2 minutes)

Posted on: February 1, 2009 10:10 pm

Steelers don't suck

Steelers are Super Bowl champions, 27-23.

Great drive by Roethlisberger. Great catch by Holmes. Great finish to a great game.

Steelers don't suck.

But they almost did. Would have been the worst collapse in Super Bowl history.
    Instead, it was a great finish for a great franchise. No one has won this many Super Bowls. Not six. Only the Steelers.

But it was almost the worst collapse we've ever seen.

http://gregg-doyel.blogs.cbssports.c...s/view/5881996