Atlanta hotels ACC tourney

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd let you know I booked a hotel for the ACC tourney on priceline today and wanted to pass on the good deal. If you go to priceline.com and 'name your own price' for a 3.5 star hotel in downtown Atlanta, I got the Renaissance for $48/night (comes to $58/night w/ tax). I actually got this hotel 2 months ago on priceline for an interview I had in the city, and it is a super nice hotel. It's right near the Varsity, if you know where that is. Definitely not walking distance to the Georgia Dome, but nice hotels in downtown ATL run from $120-300, so it's a super deal. Another friend of mine is also already booked in the hotel, so it would be awesome if we had a whole Duke contingency!

Didn't you get the message? We're all crashing at Jason Evans' place.

I think there will be a lot of decent deals at the tournament this year. Between the economy, the general sucktitude of the arena, and the location I don't think there's going to be as great of a demand this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Didn't you get the message? We're all crashing at Jason Evans' place.
    Must have missed the memo

Quote Originally Posted by camcraz25 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just thought I'd let you know I booked a hotel for the ACC tourney on priceline today and wanted to pass on the good deal. If you go to priceline.com and 'name your own price' for a 3.5 star hotel in downtown Atlanta, I got the Renaissance for $48/night (comes to $58/night w/ tax). I actually got this hotel 2 months ago on priceline for an interview I had in the city, and it is a super nice hotel. It's right near the Varsity, if you know where that is. Definitely not walking distance to the Georgia Dome, but nice hotels in downtown ATL run from $120-300, so it's a super deal. Another friend of mine is also already booked in the hotel, so it would be awesome if we had a whole Duke contingency!
    Mrs. VG and I are in the same hotel ($46/night, I believe, on Priceline). I hope you guys won't give us too hard a time!

3.5 stars is equivalent to a NC restaurant with a 90 rating. Sweet dreams and don't let the ....

As much as I'd like to

I simply cannot attend another ACC basketball tourney in the Ga Dome, the worst venue I've ever been to. You can have lower level seats that are far worse than anything in Greensboro or Charlotte. It simply is putrid; I've taken a weeks vacation to watch the ACC tourney on tv, then be able to watch the first two rounds of NCAA play. Somehow, I initially thought the ACC was in Charlotte, now I'll just stay home and lament. Atlanta sucks as a place for the tourney, as will Tampa in the future, as was DC a few years back. ACC needs to be played in NC, sorry Gary or any other whiner. Gary gets it to DC and loses first round, please never complain again.
    I've been to 7 of the last 8 and I can now see that I have little to look forward to in the future; the conference has caved in, much like the country (sorry, a little, 'tics).

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    3.5 stars is equivalent to a NC restaurant with a 90 rating. Sweet dreams and don't let the ....
    I stayed at this hotel a month and a half ago, and it was extremely nice. This coming from someone who has stayed in all kinds of hotels all over the world. I asked for a room with a city view, which they gave me

for my money, the LARGEST COCKTAIL PARTY ceases to be the ACC tourny as soon as it walks out the door of G'boro Col...it's just not the same....

atlanta can be kewl, but hey...we're talking BASKETBALL here...