Lost-This is a Place of Death

I think that is what the episode was titled, though I'm not sure.

Anyway, heck of an episode in my book. Nothing really unexpected happened, but there were still some pretty cool "whoah!" moments--like Charlotte realizing she new Farraday from when she was really young (do you think he remembers being on the island at this point?) and Locke's conversation with Christian Shephard. Also, every time Eloise turns around to reveal herself, it gives me a bit of the willies--it's always really mysterious and you never know who's going to be looking at you, even though it's always the same woman. I also loved when Ben realized that Eloise and Farraday were related, though in retrospect I'm not sure he ever knew who Farraday was.

Time travel question of the week: what would have happened had Rousseau shot Jin? Would he have always had a bullet in his shoulder? Or was it impossible for her to shoot him because he had never been shot?

Time travel question of the week 2: This one might be too difficult. Locke has been dead in present day LA for a good while now, though he has just moved the island in the island scenes. So a lot has happened on the island that we still haven't seen before reaching present day, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dcarp23 View Post
    Anyway, heck of an episode in my book.

Time travel question of the week: what would have happened had Rousseau shot Jin? Would he have always had a bullet in his shoulder? Or was it impossible for her to shoot him because he had never been shot?

Time travel question of the week 2: This one might be too difficult. Locke has been dead in present day LA for a good while now, though he has just moved the island in the island scenes. So a lot has happened on the island that we still haven't seen before reaching present day, correct?
    Another very good episode. Of course, I had to "time travel" the episode since I was busy when it aired Wednesday night.

Question 1: Jin's body, maybe I should call it his being, is in the same time frame reference as the rest of our Losties on the island (2004 or 2005, ~100 days post crash). I don't think that if he got shot in a time travel backwards that it would have had any impact (pun intended) on him in his present history, at least until he got shot.

Question 2: Good question. For the Oceanic 6, yes, lots must have happened on the island in their (current) time reference. If they get back to the island (which we know they will), what year will it be ON the island for the Losties? I think that's the question you are asking. Will they arrive back in 2005, with everything they've done in 4+ years in the "real world" being erased to everyone in the real world (Back to the Future like erasing), or will the island suddenly be in 2009, or some combination/discontinuity of both? Will the Losties have a time shift forward to 2009 when the O-6 arrive back and they all are reunited, with NO actual on island history for the missing 4+ years? That would be the easiest path for the writers, but one I hope they don't take.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Is it possible that Christian Sheppard was in a coffin in season 1, just lile Locke is now. Maybe to get jack and Claire to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    Is it possible that Christian Sheppard was in a coffin in season 1, just lile Locke is now. Maybe to get jack and Claire to the island.
    Maybe the O-6 return (just) before Locke leaves the island, so he is still alive when the show picks up with a reunited group.

9F 9F 9F

The title was "This Place is Death", which is what Charlotte yells to Jin to keep him from bringing Sun back to the island (incidentally Ben confirms that Locke kept his word about not contacting Sun)

I liked the episode a lot and am trying my best not to get all tangled up in time travel logic.

I really want to know more about Smokey and its home in the temple. We've heard that it's a security system before, but not too much else. I haven't gone back to look at freeze frames, but apparently there are hieroglyphics on the ruins that match the ones seen when the 108 minute timer went berserk back when Locke n' co were hanging out in the hatch. Perhaps this ties to Charlotte being an anthropologist? and finding a polar bear in an ancient site in Tunisia?

Good point about Ben seeming surprised about Ms Hawking being Dan's mom. Odd that he wouldn't have known this part about him since he had dossiers on everyone on the freighter. Perhaps this tipped him off to the link btw Hawking and Widmore.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Just finished watching. Will post more later, but wanted to say that I think that the time spent between Dannielle and company's encounter with the monster, and Jin's reappearance will have to be bigtime explained. A whole lot of something obviously happened, so much to the point that they wound up shooting each other and learning monster secrets.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Good point about Ben seeming surprised about Ms Hawking being Dan's mom. Odd that he wouldn't have known this part about him since he had dossiers on everyone on the freighter. Perhaps this tipped him off to the link btw Hawking and Widmore.
    I also liked Ben's quote "I didn't account for traffic." Coming from the guy who accounts for EVERYTHING.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I also liked Ben's quote "I didn't account for traffic." Coming from the guy who accounts for EVERYTHING.
    Ben thought he was on 24 and not Lost.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Just finished watching. Will post more later, but wanted to say that I think that the time spent between Dannielle and company's encounter with the monster, and Jin's reappearance will have to be bigtime explained. A whole lot of something obviously happened, so much to the point that they wound up shooting each other and learning monster secrets.
    I dunno. We know that everyone other than Danielle went down into the "Temple" or Smokey's Lair and that when they came out they started acting funny and Danielle felt they had an illness or something. I am not sure we ever will find out exactly what happened after they came out, but I do bet we get to go down into Smokey's Lair at some point -- and we certainly go into the Temple.

-Jason "fabulous season so far" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Question 2: Good question. For the Oceanic 6, yes, lots must have happened on the island in their (current) time reference. If they get back to the island (which we know they will), what year will it be ON the island for the Losties? I think that's the question you are asking. Will they arrive back in 2005, with everything they've done in 4+ years in the "real world" being erased to everyone in the real world (Back to the Future like erasing), or will the island suddenly be in 2009, or some combination/discontinuity of both? Will the Losties have a time shift forward to 2009 when the O-6 arrive back and they all are reunited, with NO actual on island history for the missing 4+ years? That would be the easiest path for the writers, but one I hope they don't take.
    How do we know the O-6 aren't just 3 years ahead of the Losties? I don't think there's been any direct contact between the 0-6 and the Losties to confirm that the show is even showing us concurrent events on both, has there? This makes the most sense to me, because we know Locke is going to "appear" back in the real world prior to the current happenings of the 0-6.

If the show then went to a semi-permanent flashback for the 0-6 and Locke, it would bring the two timeflows (the Island and the real world) together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius07 View Post
    How do we know the O-6 aren't just 3 years ahead of the Losties? I don't think there's been any direct contact between the 0-6 and the Losties to confirm that the show is even showing us concurrent events on both, has there? This makes the most sense to me, because we know Locke is going to "appear" back in the real world prior to the current happenings of the 0-6.

If the show then went to a semi-permanent flashback for the 0-6 and Locke, it would bring the two timeflows (the Island and the real world) together.
    My guess is your questions get answered next episode, since Locke has adjusted the wheel, and presumptively headed back to the mainland.