There are those of us who were spoiled by the past Duke success in winning 3 National Championships and anything less than a Final Four appearance was considered an unsuccessful season. I admit that I was one of those.Each year I envisioned that Duke was capable of winning the National Championship.

That has changed in the last few years.

What is the realistic hope for this year's team ? Obviously, we are not a national championship caliber team. If we made it into the Elite 8, would it be a successful season...I think so. What about into the Sweet 16..probably so.

What about next year's team assuming that John Wall will not matriculate at Duke ? Do you think that it is capable of winning a National Championship ? Obviously it all depends on what happens to Singler and Henderson. If they both leave then the answer is obviously NO. What if they both stay? What would be your realistic expectations for next year?

Would Kelly and Plumlee make up for the deficiencies that we see this year ? I cannot answer that question because I have never seen either play.Is Nolan Smith the PG who could lead the team to high expectations...from what I have seen this year..not so sure, although players do get better as they mature. ?

Had Kenny Boynton decided to come to Duke would that have made Duke a National Contender ...possibly but it is only speculation ?