Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Football Signing Day Celebration

Anybody else planning to go? From what I've gathered, its on February 4th, and it starts at 5:30 and costs 15 dollars per person. You have to RSVP I believe, not sure who you need to contact though.

I'm going. Wouldn't miss it!

I've gone the last two years, but will be in LA this time, so I'm going to miss it. I really enjoyed it last year, meeting Coach Cut and all! Y'all should go!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Are you ready for some football?

Let's keep this thread up at the top.

Football Signing Day is becoming a great day for Duke. I'm having fun with basketball right now, but look forward to hearing Coach Cutcliffe again. Come on out! You'll have a great time!

What kind of event is this. Is it the kind of thing where you sit down at an assigned spot at a table, or is it like an open room with people just mingling or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What kind of event is this. Is it the kind of thing where you sit down at an assigned spot at a table, or is it like an open room with people just mingling or what?
    After checking in at the registration table, there will be some mingling during the feeding, but everyone will find a seat at one of the tables where they can see a screen which will display the videos and whatever else will be displayed. At some point Coach Cutcliffe and the staff will come in. Coach Cutcliffe will then hold court. His descriptions are entertaining and enlightening! His stories are priceless!

Too bad it's on a weekday, but perhaps I can make it. Sounds like fun! I'd love to hear Coach Cutcliffe in person.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Too bad it's on a weekday, but perhaps I can make it. Sounds like fun! I'd love to hear Coach Cutcliffe in person.
    It starts at 5:30P with hors d'oeuvres. Coach Cutcliffe starts his presentation around 6P. You'll probably be home in time for the Clemson game which will be telecast at 9P.

I'm hoping to go, but so far can't talk anybody else into going. Sounds like it'll be a good time. I wonder if we'll be seeing one more big commit before then (or on signing day!)? If I recall correctly we still have one spot open in this recruiting class, but I wouldn't expect us to just take a guy to fill the class unless he was good. Save the scholly for next year, right?

This isn't directly on point, but it fits in with the theme of this thread (lots of alliteration there).

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Con...34/cache-false

Discussion of Walt Canty, a Duke commit who, according to the article, flew under the radar of bigger programs but should be a great player for the Devils.

Signing Day

Anyone going to the signing day soiree next Wednesday evening at the Hilton in Durham?.

Thank you mod(s) for joining my thread with this one. :-))
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 01-29-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Anyone going to the signing day soiree next Wednesday evening at the Hilton in Durham?.

Thank you mod(s) for joining my thread with this one. :-))
    I'll be there!

The past few days have brought us some great conference basketball games. While we are enjoying the basketball season, Coach Cutcliffe is preparing to unveil the next group of signees for football. National Signing Day is Wednesday. Can't wait!

GO DUKE!!!!!

I've already signed up. Went last year and really enjoyed it. Coach Cut is very personable and entertaining, and very approachable as well. The coaching staff are friendly. Had a great discussion with Mark McIntyre last year, even though I had no idea what he was talking about when he got to Xs and Os. But he is very enthusiastic. Y'all come.

Football Signing Day

As of 9:30, 20 LOI's are in hand. Duke expects 27 total. Mike Marry picked Ole Miss - he was a LB Duke had hoped might sign. Cutcliffe will address the media around 1:00 and will be involved with an Iron Duke function starting at 5:00 today to furter celebrate the in coming class. Overall, Duke has a very nice class for the staff to work with.

That is AWESOME! Welcome all new Dukies!

And, I'm ecstatic that the Spring Game will be during Reunion Weekend this year. Good on Cutcliffe to make sure that the alumni (like myself - 5th year reunion!) who are coming back can see the team and see all the great things that will happen in the fall.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

They are now up to 24 and most of the big names are in. I am looking forward to the PC in two hours or so.

How many commits can we take this year? It looks like all our verbals signed LOIs but we have other people offered still who have yet to commit anywhere? Watzone, any comments?

Seems appropriate to the discussion...

BTW, our class looks good.
    WWJDD?

This ESPN link has evaluations for Duke commits and videos for several of the players like Desmond Scott.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...schoolId%3d150