View Poll Results: Window, Aisle, or Middle?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Window

25 43.10%
  • Aisle

31 53.45%
  • Middle

0 0%
  • Anything- I sleep anyway

2 3.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When Flying- Aisle or Window?

Which do you prefer? I like the aisle, personally.

If I'm exhausted and wish to sleep, I have to have at least a window (I can't sleep upright). Anything else I'd rather have aisle.

Windows always. I like the view and I don't enjoy being bothered to get up when I'm sleeping. :P

Angry Aisle

I'm 6'7". I need every oounce of room just to sit.

Have an appt with travel agent today to get things going for Madagascar 2009. I think that will be a separate thread once things get started in earnest.

Am trying to go with Air Mauritius this time.

Window...I get hit by the cart too often when sitting on the aisle.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Definitely aisle. Maybe if I could sleep on planes I'd like the window headrest deal(though I find the vibration rather annoying). But since there's no way I sleep on planes(trust me on this, flying 14 hours each way to JFK you'd think at some point I'd sleep, but no... not even going round the world in biz class... alas), that extra bit of being able to stick your feet out just an extra little bit helps a lot. Plus I like to be able to get up and stretch my legs without having to climb over a person or two to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Definitely aisle. Maybe if I could sleep on planes I'd like the window headrest deal(though I find the vibration rather annoying). But since there's no way I sleep on planes(trust me on this, flying 14 hours each way to JFK you'd think at some point I'd sleep, but no... not even going round the world in biz class... alas), that extra bit of being able to stick your feet out just an extra little bit helps a lot. Plus I like to be able to get up and stretch my legs without having to climb over a person or two to do so.
    I can do the window and despise the middle seat, but I too like the aisle for the leg stretching ability, plus at least one arm rest is entirely mine! I turn the air blower thingy on my face and usually catch a few Z's while on the Tarmac, but I also have a problem with sleeping on flights! If it is not someone next to me that starts talking, it's the chocolate! Yes, I get sugar and munchy cravings when flying!

Window, preferably in the exit row if I can because there usually is not a seat in front of that seat. I am 6'3" so I don't have lots of room!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm 6'4, so I'm with the cramped people. But I've loved the window seat ever since I was a kid. The best flight is when the two seats next to you are empty.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I usually go for the window b/c it's easier to sleep there. But, last spring I was in a window seat on a 10-hour flight, and I thought I was going to go ape-@#$%^! I am 5' 10" and my legs were crampy and achy and there just wasn't any space. Plus, I am claustrophobic and there was a point where I thought I was going to make the news, and not in a good way.

I'm an aisle person...and of those people who can sleep on any plane...as soon as they fire up the engines I am out for the count. Drives my husband and daughter nuts!

Aisle. Love the little bit of extra leg room. Dont mind window though. Despise middle seat with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm 6'4, so I'm with the cramped people. But I've loved the window seat ever since I was a kid. The best flight is when the two seats next to you are empty.
    Yeah my brother's team goes to Hawaii every year. That consists of 2 5 hour flights. It amazes me his 6'4" and up players can even stand that!! They have a 7 footer this year who weighs well over 300 as well! Can you imagine?

My wife and I always get seats on the aisle across from each other. We fly quite a bit, so the window holds no fascination for us. We would rather be able to stand and stretch and also be able to use the restroom without climbing over people.

If it's a daytime fllight and I enjoy the view I take the window. This covers most flights to the west coast, as well as ORD-NRT (nice view of Denali if it's not socked in). Otherwise I take the aisle.

The only way I can sleep on a plane is if I drink so much I pass out. That said, there's no better place to pass out than on a 12-hour flight over the Pacific.

Doesn't matter too much to me. I can sleep practically standing up, so either is fine. The problem with the aisle is when the cart comes barreling through and whacks you in the foot/leg/arm. I definitely try to get an exit row or bulkhead seat. Although now that BabyUsul is with us, exit rows are out.

I'm a window person. I almost always have exit row or first, so I don't need the illusion of extra legroom afforded by the aisle, and it's a rare flight where I need to make use of the restroom. Given that, the window seat is the best for anonymous, antisocial travel since there's pretty much no need to interact with your fellow passengers, and that's how I roll.

I'm partial to the aisle, although the storage/foot space for that seat is usually smaller than for the window and middle seats - my backpack barely fits.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Although now that BabyUsul is with us, exit rows are out.
    Ooh, I hadn't considered that. I'll add that to the 'maybe we should wait several more years' list I'm compiling for the wife.