3-Pt Shooting Improving

This was a concern early in the year, but is improving.

Through 19 games, team now shooting 35.2%
    Singler 34.5%
    Henderson 47.1% (!)
    Scheyer 38.0%
    Nolan Smith 37.3%
    Paulus 33.9%

EWill (2-11) and Marty Pocius (3-22) bring the team % down.

Shot selection on the 3's seems to be better; good ball movement on the perimeter, and often the shots come from inside/outside exchanges.

A good sign heading forward.

Not to be negative toward a player or anything, but why does Marty continue to shoot from three like that's his best trait? The kid has great athleticism and a great driving game when he plays under control; I just wish he'd use it more. Every time he gets a chance to play extended minutes, he just seems to float around the semi-circle like he's Dale Ellis.

I don't understand this. Maybe someone could help me.

And I have no idea why Olek shot multiple treys today. He wasn't a three-point shooter at all in high school was he?

I would have loved to have seen Olek get an opportunity at an oop, though. That would have been sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Not to be negative toward a player or anything, but why does Marty continue to shoot from three like that's his best trait? The kid has great athleticism and a great driving game when he plays under control; I just wish he'd use it more. Every time he gets a chance to play extended minutes, he just seems to float around the semi-circle like he's Dale Ellis.

I don't understand this. Maybe someone could help me.

And I have no idea why Olek shot multiple treys today. He wasn't a three-point shooter at all in high school was he?

I would have loved to have seen Olek get an opportunity at an oop, though. That would have been sweet.
    I agree. No wait, I said I was not going to say anything negative about todays game. Go Duke!