New to the board...

Hello. I have been posting over at the DI board on Rivals for about a year now but thought I'd come check this board out.

I grew up in MD but had family in Durham and visited several times a year. For as long as I can remember I have been a Duke fan. I think it actually stemmed from my brother being a huge UNC fan growing up!

Every year I got tickets to see Duke at MD (Cole Field House) for Christmas.

I now live in Florida where basketball is barely spoken of so I have to get my fix on the internet!

I have had the pleasure to go to Cameron a few times, once back in 92 to see them take on Clemson.

I am heading to Durham tomorrow for the weekend and am fortunate enough to be going to the MD game Saturday (thanks to my brother)

So hello everyone!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Welcome to DBR and have a blast at the game!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Welcome

Have a terrific time and bring Duke home a win. Go Duke!

Welcome to DBR. This site has the best signal to noise ratio of any other fan site I've ever found. Sorry to hear about your brothers misguided fandom. I hope he grew out of his UNC affliction!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Welcome to DBR. This site has the best signal to noise ratio of any other fan site I've ever found. Sorry to hear about your brothers misguided fandom. I hope he grew out of his UNC affliction!
    He actually has quite a bit. In fact he knows Nolan and Wojo very well now and has had a few conversations with Coach K.

He is a personal trainer for college and pro athletes so he doesn't let his fandom lie in any one team, but rather the players he has worked with!!!

Wink Welcome

Welcome to the Board.

Don't worry about the criticism you will inevitably receive. Jumbo isn't so bad after you get used to him. And if you use specific numbers and historical facts, Jim Sumner will correct them from memory.

sagegrouse

Welcome! This place is addicting. Meander over to the Off Topic Board for random fun.

GO DUKE!!!!

Welcome to the Boards. Check out the Handy Pocket Reference at the top of the board for some useful shorthand references.

Enjoy the game on Saturday.

DukieInKansas

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Check out the Handy Pocket Reference at the top of the board for some useful shorthand references.
    Sage words of wisdom indeed!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

First, welcome to the boards! Always good to have a new face (ok, name) join us.

Now I highly second the recommendation to read the handy pocket reference (aka the HPR). It'll clue you in as to some of the seemingly meaningless things we do/say, that actually have meaning to us. (Example, as some have mentioned: 9F9F9F!)

Also, don't be alarmed when you post and someone bites your head off. It's bound to happen. It's happened to all of us and it still does. Everyone means well but there are very strong opinions here.

Have fun, post away, and welcome!

PS Any time you can work pastrami, beer, or bacon into a post, it's highly appreciated, especially on the Off Topic Board!

Another tip - Any thread about Duke vs KY has nothing to do about basketball. Get your taste buds involved with a discussion of bar-b-que.

Dead wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Another tip - Any thread about Duke vs KY has nothing to do about basketball. Get your taste buds involved with a discussion of bar-b-que.
    Sorry, but college basketball and barbecue are inseparable.

Welcome and bless your heart.
    Love, Ima

See ya there!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!!

Welcome to the board! I thought you might be the guy in the picture below with me, but I think he lives in Durham.

Nothing to recommend as sagegrouse, Sue71, DukieinKansas, and Ozzie have pretty much covered it all.

Do visit the Off Topic Board. We have some very interesting conversations over there.