Thread: Duke Fight Song

Duke Fight Song

Does anyone have the Duke Fight Song for a cell phone ring tone? If so, I would love to have it. Please PM me, or email me on yahoo and I'll give you my phone number so's you can text it to me. You would then be my eternal friend. Thanks!

You can try this link

http://fightmusic.com/acc.html

In the games I've been to (both CIS and WW) "Blue and White" and "The Whip" is played primarily at football games, "Fight, Blue Devils, Fight" I've only heard at CIS, never during a football game. Not saying they don't play it, I just never hear it unless its Basketball. Weird since I think its supposed to be a football fight song.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    You can try this link

http://fightmusic.com/acc.html

In the games I've been to (both CIS and WW) "Blue and White" and "The Whip" is played primarily at football games, "Fight, Blue Devils, Fight" I've only heard at CIS, never during a football game. Not saying they don't play it, I just never hear it unless its Basketball. Weird since I think its supposed to be a football fight song.
    Figh, Blue Devils, Fight was definitely played often at football games this year, in fact the opening phrase was usually played each time we got a first down

Quote Originally Posted by MADevil30 View Post
    Figh, Blue Devils, Fight was definitely played often at football games this year, in fact the opening phrase was usually played each time we got a first down

I didn't hear it at either the Navy or State game (granted anything that was played by the DUMB during the State game was drowned out by the wolfpack chants and the groans by Duke fans). I may just be deaf, but I definitely associate "Fight, Blue Devils, Fight" with BB and "Blue and White" with FB. "Blue and White" is a more football-y sounding fight song in my opinion, if that makes any sense.

Both fight songs are played at basketball and football games sometimes one after the other. The words of each refer to football, reflecting the points in time when they were written. "Blue and White" came first, copyright 1930 by the Duke Musical Clubs and bears G. E. Leftwich, Jr.'s name. "Fight! Blue Devils, Fight!" is copyrighted 1948 by Shaprio, Berstein & Co., Inc. Douglas D. Ballin and J. F. Hewitt are credited with the words and music. If you're interested in the words, you can find them on goduke.com. Click on Traditions in the menu at the top.

Your cell phone carrier likely has a source of ring tones based on college fight songs.

You can download an mp3 from here: http://fightmusic.com/acc.html Better yet, you could support DUMB by buying the CD from Duke stores

FF is almost always paired with B&W.* The end of FF leads directly into B&W via the chant "rip'm up, tear'm up, give'm hell Duke" (3X). The beat is continuous enough -- and the individual songs are short enough -- that you probably don't notice most of the time. Other rules: B&W is always played by itself at the halftime buzzer. Wipeout is the first full timeout. Rock Lobster is the first timeout of the 2nd half (which is always a "long"). Dear Old Duke is always played at the end of a game, preceded by Devil if we won.

*The one exception was during the final pregame sequence (~7min before tipoff) during which FF was bookended by Can't Turn You Loose and Dixieland Strut, followed by B&W played alone, then the rest of the standards (Zing It, Satan, Devil, Banner). However, Dixie was apparently yanked from the rotation a year or two ago, so it's now straight up FF-B&W all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
    You can download an mp3 from here: http://fightmusic.com/acc.html Better yet, you could support DUMB by buying the CD from Duke stores

FF is almost always paired with B&W.* The end of FF leads directly into B&W via the chant "rip'm up, tear'm up, give'm hell Duke" (3X). The beat is continuous enough -- and the individual songs are short enough -- that you probably don't notice most of the time. Other rules: B&W is always played by itself at the halftime buzzer. Wipeout is the first full timeout. Rock Lobster is the first timeout of the 2nd half (which is always a "long"). Dear Old Duke is always played at the end of a game, preceded by Devil if we won.

*The one exception was during the final pregame sequence (~7min before tipoff) during which FF was bookended by Can't Turn You Loose and Dixieland Strut, followed by B&W played alone, then the rest of the standards (Zing It, Satan, Devil, Banner). However, Dixie was apparently yanked from the rotation a year or two ago, so it's now straight up FF-B&W all the time.
    For those not familiar with the band's short reference, Devil refers to "Devil with the Blue Dress On." .... my personal ringtone.

I highly recommend the purchase of the band's CD. Not only does your purchase support our band, the CD's great. In addition to the fight songs and the alma mater I love listening to "Hey, Baby," "Louie, Louie," and "Sing, Sing, Sing." If you want to hear an awesome vocal arrangement of "Dear Ole Duke," purchase one of the Duke Chorale's CDs or attend one of their concerts. The alma mater is the final selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post

I have the CD, how do I download the fight song to my cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Your cell phone carrier will have instructions on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    My windows moble sprint phone has a utility called MP3 trimmer, which allows you to cut part of any mp3 file and use it as a ringtone.

Very cool.
    "There can BE only one."

First, you need to find out what your particular model of phone supports for ring tones.

Get the music clip (downloaded DRM-free or CD) you want to use.

Then get Audacity and follow the directions.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post

I highly recommend the purchase of the band's CD. Not only does your purchase support our band, the CD's great. In addition to the fight songs and the alma mater I love listening to "Hey, Baby," "Louie, Louie," and "Sing, Sing, Sing." If you want to hear an awesome vocal arrangement of "Dear Ole Duke," purchase one of the Duke Chorale's CDs or attend one of their concerts. The alma mater is the final selection.
    The CD directory lists 34 titles, but don't miss #35, it's the bonus track! Listen closely for the lone voice starting the cheer, before the band picks it up! And, may I add, it is the most important cheer we have!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com