View Poll Results: Women, vote. What makes the "real" most desired man?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Six pack "Abacrumbee & Finch" model perfet abs

1 8.33%
  • Athletic cut, slim, but no six-pack

7 58.33%
  • Slim, but normally "soft" in the middle

2 16.67%
  • A little extra padding

0 0%
  • Wildly obese.

2 16.67%

Men's Stomachs - Women, be HONEST

I just gotta know.

Not fantasy world. But real, realistic world for a long-term partner. What would a woman most prefer in a man's waistline?

Well, personally, "waistline" (or "sexy abs") was about 12,357th on the list of priorities of what I was looking for in a long term partner. Though interest in personal health/general fitness was towards the top of the list, so I suppose waistlines are a visual indication of that.

I voted for athletic cut. But that's in my ideal world.

HOWEVER, like DA, I'm not choosing a man based on the size of his waistline. I don't think I've ever looked at a guy and thought, "Wow! What a great waistline. Must. Have. Him." A trim waistline is indicative of good health, and I'd like to have my ideal man around for a long time, so I suppose it is somewhat important.

What motivated this poll, EJ?

Beyond surface characteristics

If what you mean is life long sort of long term partner, there's so much more to consider and be attracted to than the waistline. Even under the best circumstances, great bodies (men and women) change over time.

Certainly a physical attraction may be experienced first, but if there's not brain activity to go with it, I move on. I tend to be attracted to a man whose coloring is similar to mine, who is intelligent but down to earth. How a man treats other people is a high priority.... I appreciate someone who is tolerant and respectful in his interactions with other people, aware of others including suitable table manners. A sense of humor based on cleverness, not belittling others is appreciated. I really appreciate someone who shares at least some of my interests. I really like a man who is self confident enough to be comfortable with a variety of people including an independent woman.

I tend to like tall and lean guys with a slim waistline, but a six pack is not necessary. Nevertheless, I have also been attracted to guys who are a bit pudgy or "big" like a couple linemen on the college football team. However, I can't stand a protruding, bowling ball stomach and relative skinniness everywhere else on a guy. Just a big turnoff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I voted for athletic cut. But that's in my ideal world.

HOWEVER, like DA, I'm not choosing a man based on the size of his waistline. I don't think I've ever looked at a guy and thought, "Wow! What a great waistline. Must. Have. Him." A trim waistline is indicative of good health, and I'd like to have my ideal man around for a long time, so I suppose it is somewhat important.

What motivated this poll, EJ?
    Candles.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Candles.
    I'm not sure I want to know....
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

EarlJam, are you planning to use your time off between jobs to work on your abs? Is that why you're conducting this poll?

Sorry to be so shallow, but my boyfriend in high school had an absolutely killer set of abs and I have to say, it was one of his nicer assets. : )

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    EarlJam, are you planning to use your time off between jobs to work on your abs? Is that why you're conducting this poll?

Sorry to be so shallow, but my boyfriend in high school had an absolutely killer set of abs and I have to say, it was one of his nicer assets. : )
    There is nothing shallow about appreciating God's handy work. I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    There is nothing shallow about appreciating God's handy work. I do it all the time.
    As do most men.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post

Hee hee. You said "nicer assets."

-EJ

If only there was some sort of regimen I could do that only took a little time each day, say eight minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Hee hee. You said "nicer assets."

-EJ

Sadly, his assets couldn't quite match his abs.