Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Wake Forest 92, North Carolina 89

After UNC vs Clemson, this is the (non-Duke) ACC game that I am most looking forward to seeing this year. Wake is deep and talented and I am sure Joel Coliseum will be loud and full of tie-dye and pinwheels tonight. UNC will be very motivated coming off their loss to BC. It should be a real battle. I am going to predict Wake winning 86-82, but this one seems like a real toss-up.

Will tell a lot about UNC

Quote Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
    After UNC vs Clemson, this is the (non-Duke) ACC game that I am most looking forward to seeing this year. Wake is deep and talented and I am sure Joel Coliseum will be loud and full of tie-dye and pinwheels tonight. UNC will be very motivated coming off their loss to BC. It should be a real battle. I am going to predict Wake winning 86-82, but this one seems like a real toss-up.
    UNC has to win this game to show they are capable of winning a big game. If they lose- there are a lot of question marks going forward. Wake needs to play as hard as they can and treat this as a championship game. Should be close and a battle.

My dad and uncle (huge WF fan) are on their way to the game--it should be a tough game. Everyone talks about Hansborough, but I think we are seeing the importance of Ginyard.

If UNC lets Wake run like the College of Charleston - they can cancel it.

From looking @ box scores and that type of stuff, WEAK, plays no D. This might be one of them who has the ball last type games. I hate WEAK like I hate EWE N C, so I hope they both lose.

UNC by 10

I am not as passionate about either team as many are, but, on form, I have to agree with the notion of UNC by 10 or so. If they win by less than that, or if they lose, they are going to open the door to other teams who will think they can beat UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebballcamper90-91 View Post
    From looking @ box scores and that type of stuff, WEAK, plays no D.
    Wake's defense is really good.

Wake tends to play a bit sloppy at times. If they play with more control, should be a good game, if they do not, Carolina will win by a lot.

I have a feeling WF isn't going to show up in this game... or rather they're going to try hard to take it to UNC they won't get a good offensive flow. UNc will still be angry and looking to prove something from a week ago. I pick the sheep by 15.

The efficiency predicted score has UNC winning 88-85, but that doesn't take into account home court advantage. Throw in the 3 point edge for the home court winner that Vegas usually gives and this one is a dead heat.

You can catch our live tempo-based stats here if you're interested.

I really think Wake Forest has more pure talent than UNC, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see this Wake team make a run at the Final Four and even win a title if they get hot in March.

If they can play good defense and improve their outside shooting, they can definitely beat UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    I really think Wake Forest has more pure talent than UNC, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see this Wake team make a run at the Final Four and even win a title if they get hot in March
    ... next year.

They are just too undisciplined. They will get there, but right now they have terrible communication on defense at times, and lack discipline and patience on offense. Those things will come, but boy o boy are they freaking athletic.

What's the over-under on the number of free throws Hanstravel will shoot tonight?

On the positive side (at least for tonight), where does Jeff Teague rank among guards in the ACC right now? He was really good last year, but he has improved as much from last year to this as anybody I can think of in the conference (except, of course, Zoubs ).

And Hansflop can shoot that 3 as often as he wants...the more often, the better.

Nice play WFU!
    Athleticism FTW.

Refs are letting it go at both ends... going to be a physical game. This is starting to look like an ACC trend no?

Excellent defense from Wake 19-14 (Wake) early.

Hansbrough makes another crap shot.

Careless turnovers...