5 years ago today...

Alana Beard and the Duke women's team came back from a huge halftime deficit on the road at UCONN to win on a game winning three at the buzzer by Jessica Foley.

Anyone recall this classic?

Of course. One of my favorite Duke games.

That was half a decade ago?

Time, stop please.

Oh yeah. We were at my in-laws in Santa Monica for the holidays. The clan from NC gathered to watch the game. I think by half-time everyone had bailed and I watched the comeback alone. Man that was sweet.

throatybeard came over to our house to watch that game with us. I remember one of us declaring a moral vistory after we almost came back to win, and saying at least this was better than losing big games to UConn and TN by 25 as had happened in the past. Then came that improbable dash the length of the court by Harding and pass to Foley.

Later that day a bunch of us went over to Cameron to meet the team when they got back.

I remember this well, but only heard on the radio. To this day, i have never seen a replay...

Anyone? Please?

Duvall and I were there and it was amazing. I most enjoyed the look on an obnoxious UConn fan's face who was sitting in front of us driving me nuts all game.

We ended up watching the Duke-Clemson game that night at a sports bar in Hartford and the UConn women's team came in with some of them giving us dirty looks. Can't believe that was 5 years ago.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

I remember it very well! I mentioned in another thread that I became a Duke fan watching the previous year's game against UConn that Duke lost. That win was beyond thrilling.

I also remember that game. My dad flew to Durham from Oregon and we drove down to Clemson to watch the men play. The afternoon before the game, I was in our hotel bed with a headache. I turned the game on just in time to see the final seconds. It was awesome.

Unfortunately, UCon(n) won both titles that year. I leave it at that... the details are depressing.