Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Year's Resolutions

Do any of you make New Year's Resolutions? If so, what are they?

I resolved to get my personal affairs in order, so today I completed my will, my health care power of attorney, my living will and my general power of attorney.

What about the rest of you? Any goals, resolutions, bucket lists?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post

I resolved to get my personal affairs in order, so today I completed my will, my health care power of attorney, my living will and my general power of attorney.

Now you can resolve to die in peace.

May it be 50 years or longer before you need to use any of those.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I resolved never to make any resolutions.

Wait a minute...dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Now you can resolve to die in peace.
    I did it so I didn't have to worry about who would be looking out for and taking care of my kids.

It was sort of like putting the last piece of the divorce puzzle into place.

I was going to do it anyway, but it just happened to coincide with New Years. After Christmas I resolved to really lose some weight. So far Day 3 and I've lost 3 pounds.

To never again draw the ire of the moderators, as silly and ridiculous as their rules and standards may be.

That was a joke (the latter part). Happy Holidays to all, including......THE MODS!

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    To never again draw the ire of the moderators, as silly and ridiculous as their rules and standards may be.

That was a joke (the latter part). Happy Holidays to all, including......THE MODS!

-EarlJam
    Yeah, right.

I don't do resolutions. They just don't stick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Happy Holidays to all, including......THE MODS!

-EarlJam
    Thank you! And Happy Holidays to you from A MOD!
    Bob Green

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yeah, right.

I don't do resolutions. They just don't stick for me.
    My resolution is to try and make matzah balls ... and to do so to the proper texture.

Since you did this in 2008, does it count?

I resolve to have people over more frequently during the year. It will make me keep my house neater. So, if anyone is passing through Kansas, let me know.

Nothing original here, but I resolve to lose 50 pounds, not to be healthy (although that will be a nice secondary gain) but to look good for my 30th high school reunion!! I cannot attend weighing more than I did when I went into labor with a 9 lb 2 oz baby which is where I'm at now : (

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Since you did this in 2008, does it count?
    Um, yes, because I resolve to put my marriage and divorce behind me. I prefer to keep it in 2008 and not drag it into 2009.

Edited to add: I'm Jason Williams. I may stop posting for a while and enjoy this status.
    Last edited by CathyCA; 12-30-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I'm Jason Williams.

Um, yes, because I resolve to put my marriage and divorce behind me. I prefer to keep it in 2008 and not drag it into 2009.

Edited to add: I'm Jason Williams. I may stop posting for a while and enjoy this status.
    Good for you - and may 2009 bring you much joy & peace!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Nothing original here, but I resolve to lose 50 pounds, not to be healthy (although that will be a nice secondary gain) but to look good for my 30th high school reunion!! I cannot attend weighing more than I did when I went into labor with a 9 lb 2 oz baby which is where I'm at now : (
    Folks, I've tailgagted with DukePA: I know DukePA; Duke PA is a friend of mine. And DukePA, I say you look just fine for your 30th reunion!

(good luck with the weight loss thing)

In the big scheme of things, its not a big deal, but I'm going to try to quit drinking pop (soda, soft drinks, coke, whatever you prefer to call them). I probably averaged two a day in college and the year and a half of grad school. I"m going for the cold turkey method a la my father (who up and quit one day 15+ years ago and hasn't had one since). Ugh, the first few months of 09 could see a very cranky Cormac. Any suggestions for substitutes from anyone else out there who has stopped? Water and milk can only go so far! Everyone pray for me, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Folks, I've tailgagted with DukePA: I know DukePA; Duke PA is a friend of mine. And DukePA, I say you look just fine for your 30th reunion!

(good luck with the weight loss thing)
    Aw shucks, you are too kind

I don't have any yet, but do want to set a few goals:

loose x pounds by y date
    run certain road races
    design an airtight cat container

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    In the big scheme of things, its not a big deal, but I'm going to try to quit drinking pop (soda, soft drinks, coke, whatever you prefer to call them). I probably averaged two a day in college and the year and a half of grad school. I"m going for the cold turkey method a la my father (who up and quit one day 15+ years ago and hasn't had one since). Ugh, the first few months of 09 could see a very cranky Cormac. Any suggestions for substitutes from anyone else out there who has stopped? Water and milk can only go so far! Everyone pray for me, thanks!
    Do your soft drinks contain caffeine? If you're only drinking 2 per day, you should be fine going cold turkey, but if you're drinking a lot more, you may want to try cutting back some each day in order to avoid a caffiene withdrawal headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Any suggestions for substitutes from anyone else out there who has stopped? Water and milk can only go so far!
    Club Soda with Ruby Red Grapefruit juice mixed in. I know it sounds disgusting, but actually it is pretty good - a nice combination of tart, sweet, and fizz. Then later in the day you can add vodka.