5 35.71%
  • Colin Cowherd

1 7.14%
  • Scott van Pelt

2 14.29%
  • Other (specify)

5 35.71%

Favorite Sports Talk Radio Host?

I for one love sports talk radio and I'm guessing alot of you do too. So who is the best? and why?

My vote goes to JT the Brick on Fox Sports Radio (10p-2a EST) for his energy, passion, and fanhood. He is the ultimate talk show host, and I'm not sure if anyone is better.

David Glenn, even though his degree is baby blue.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Some of us who are yinzer-born have a special place for the late great Myron Cope, who did talk radio in addition to broadcasting Steelers games...

But most people think his voice could peel paint off the walls... Every December, he would sing an annual rendition of Deck The Halls with the lyrics altered to satirize whatever was going on at the time.

Yoi and double yoi!!

For those of us on the west coast

I like Lee Klein, on at odd hours, but thoughtful, well-informed, not a screamer, and actually engages in conversation with his callers.

On the other end of the spectrum, when pure escapism and laughs are the object, there is the one and only Vic the Brick. Feeling YOU!!
    Last edited by tommy; 12-10-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Had to add Vic's catchphrase!

Anyone but Jim Rome.

Colin

Unlike most people, I love listening to the Herd. I rarely miss a day. Mike and Mike is a close second. Those two are hilarious together. But Colin is great and usually right when it comes to college football. His college basketball opinions are hit and miss (but he openly admits he doesn't watch it until the tourny, so people shouldn't really expect that much accuracy from him during the season). He's been critical of Duke a lot, but never of K. He loves K, just acknowledges that Duke struggles come tourny time (at least recently).

SVP! It usually gets on my nerves when sports guys go on rants about things in their personal life but I find it hilarious when Van Pelt gets ticked about the squirrels ravaging the bird feeders in his yard.

If I listen to Cowherd while I'm driving, it tempts me to drive my car into oncoming traffic.

I like Mike & Mike, but I'm more a fan of some of the local people here in DC. I like the Sports Junkies on WJFK in the mornings here. At noon, we leave the Herd on ESPN 980 here and switch to Doc Walker et al. to talk mostly about the Skins. Then at 2:00, they switch to John Thompson and Brian Mitchell to talk about DC sports in general. They interview the local coaches and players from the Skins, Ravens, Wizards, Caps, Nats, Os, Terps, Cavs, Hokies, Pats (GMU), etc. as well as some of the more national interests if applicable. They have the Skins' coach's press conferences every week live, they have Clinton Portis live every Tuesday, they have any Skins that want to talk. They have Wilbon or Riggo or somebody else like that once or twice a week. Anyway, being a Skins fan, I like to listen to these shows. Plus, I love B-Mitch. I think he's awesome.

I think we had SVP for a short while here, as well as Mike Tirico, but they're gone at least until NFL season's over. I did like them.

Primetime with the Packman

Mark Packer is based here in Charlotte but syndicated all over the South, including Durham I believe. He's the son of Billy Packer, but couldn't be more different than his dad. He gets great guests...Coach K has been on a few times before, has lots of regular callers and the show in general is very funny.

Check it out on the internet at wfnz.com

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    Mark Packer is based here in Charlotte but syndicated all over the South, including Durham I believe. He's the son of Billy Packer, but couldn't be more different than his dad. He gets great guests...Coach K has been on a few times before, has lots of regular callers and the show in general is very funny.

Check it out on the internet at wfnz.com
    Yeah, I like the Packman, too, though we may be in a minority here. I'm not crazy about some of his co-hosts and rambling callers, but Packman himself knows sports, interviews well, gets good guests, and has a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, I like the Packman, too, though we may be in a minority here. I'm not crazy about some of his co-hosts and rambling callers, but Packman himself knows sports, interviews well, gets good guests, and has a good time.
    I know what you mean about his callers...but I think they are half the fun...as well as the cohosts. Glad to hear there's another listener on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Anyone but Jim Rome.
    Or Bomani Jones.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com