Thread: Ziplock Vacuum?

Ziplock Vacuum?

Does anybody have one of these? If so, mind offering some comments?
    I'm a FoodSaver kinda guy, but was curious after I saw an ad.

You mean the cheap one with the vacuum pump that looks like an old-fashioned pump to pump up yur basketball? I have one. I love it. I use it to individually shrink wrap steaks and chicken breasts - no freezer burn and great way to keep portions. A good investment of $5.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Every time I see those at walmart I tell myself I'm going to buy one. One day I'll actually do it, they look like they'd be worthwhile.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    You mean the cheap one with the vacuum pump that looks like an old-fashioned pump to pump up yur basketball? I have one. I love it. I use it to individually shrink wrap steaks and chicken breasts - no freezer burn and great way to keep portions. A good investment of $5.
    Thanks allenmurray. I the FoodSaver is great but it's a bit cumbersome if I'm only trying to freeze one or two things. So I've been looking for something to accompany it in the kitchen. Sounds like a great stocking stuffer.