Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Presidential Inauguration

Hey guys, I thought I would post this here but maybe it belongs on the ticket exchange board. I am trying to find two tickets to the presidential inauguration in January. I have called my senators and house reps but they told me that they ran out of tickets a year ago. If anyone has a pair of tickets and is not going, please let me know, my wife and I will be in DC at that time and would love to attend. Thank you in advance,

such

That's not true...the tickets haven't even been distributed to senators and congressmen yet. They won't be distributed until January. Sit tight...while you will be very lucky if you can find one ticket, much less 2, there will be people on the Mall and TVs/loudspeakers set up. Be prepared to get there early and get cozy with your neighbors (all 5 million of them).

I will be here for the inauguration too, as I live here. I applied for tickets, but hold no expectations of even having a glimmer of hope of getting one.

Note: DO NOT buy tickets from anyone. Tickets are free, and people are trying to make a quick buck or $10000 on tickets (which has been recently declared illegal when Congress passed a law last week). Good luck getting tickets, and if you do get them, consider yourself uber lucky.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I don't think you need tix to the actual inauguration. I went about 8 years ago to see the president inaugurated and did not need a tix to stand in the mud.

Don't you only need tix to the balls and so forth?

Tickets for the inauguration are for the bleacher seats along the parade route as well as a viewing area closer to the Capitol where the president gets sworn in.

There are also inaugural ball tickets, but those do cost money.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA