Any word on Thad Lewis?

I really hope that Thad is able to play Sat. We have some really good seniors playing their last game and I hope we can send them out victorious. Nothing feels better than beating the Tar Heels!!!!

The ACC releases injury reports on Thursday.
    Bob Green

I was told that he'll be playing on Saturday... this, however, comes from a semi-reliable source. Not a completely reliable source like Wat, Jim or Brill, so take it for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I was told that he'll be playing on Saturday... this, however, comes from a semi-reliable source. Not a completely reliable source like Wat, Jim or Brill, so take it for what its worth.
    Help us ObiWan Thad, you're our only hope...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "Cutcliffe said he is "very hopeful" quarterback Thaddeus Lewis (ankle) can rejoin the team on Saturday against UNC, and that Lewis remains to get treatment."

Sounds promising. I'm looking forward to Watzone's updates from the field, hopefully he will have more good news for us.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Cutcliffe indicated at today's press conference that he expects Lewis to play Saturday but that depends on Lewis continuing to respond to treatment. TL has had limited practice time this week.

The most likely scenario is that Lewis and Asack will both play (not at the same time). We'll know more Thursday, when the official injury report comes out.

I'm not sure how both of them playing works out. It seems to me it is almost like announcing to the defense what play we will run. Clearly if Asack enters at QB the defense knows they do not have to defend against the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I'm not sure how both of them playing works out. It seems to me it is almost like announcing to the defense what play we will run. Clearly if Asack enters at QB the defense knows they do not have to defend against the pass.
    You'd think so, but I still believe they'd have to honor Asack as a passer were he to line up in the backfield along WITH Thad Lewis - as a running back. Sweeps could get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Unless the entire game plan last week was a trap...

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Ooooohhh, loving that idea!

If we can play D like last week, Thad really only needs to be in there for one TD scoring drive! Then the defense can hold the Tar Heels down while Asack protects the lead on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Zack did throw a beautiful short pass for a touchdown earlier in the season on a roll out play. The defenders certainly expected him to turn up field and not zip it over their heads to, I believe, Donovan Varner.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com