Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow NCAA MBB Semis (OSU-GU; UF-UCLA)

Fire when ready.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Ucla

I'm pulling for UCLA to win it all. However, my gut feeling is that Georgetown wins. For the record:

Georgetown & UCLA win today

UCLA wins it all on Monday.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm pulling for UCLA to win it all. However, my gut feeling is that Georgetown wins. For the record:

Georgetown & UCLA win today

UCLA wins it all on Monday.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan
    I hope UCLA and Georgetown win aswell-with Georgetown winning it all, though.

I keep yelling at my TV- GO DUKE. Just comes out everytime!!!

I am cheering for ABF. Love to see UCLA win today. In the other game, my heart says lets go Hoyas. But I've got a little $$ on Ohio.

Terwilliger

Georgetown. Gotta root for the team with Sideshow Bob on the roster

The Hoyas better turn up the fire -- the first half didn't show much. If I had to bet right now, I would put money on Ohio State. However, I expect the second half to be better for both teams. I hope.

GO OHIO STATE! Thad Matta is a classy guy... I liked him since he was at Xavier.

Oden=Dunks

I've seen many clips of Oden dunking and doing chin ups on the rim. He just did a chin-up on the rim. Isn't this a technical foul?

If G'Town looses this it will be because Green has gone into a shell.

As Billy Packer has said over and over again Green needs to look to make things happen.

But then again they have forced other "good" teams to choke.

I've seen big-time players not play well on the big stage, but I've never seen a star be as passive as Jeff Green has been today. I hope he decides to win the game for his team in the last 3 minutes.

--------------

Took a pause for the dog, and now it looks like the same play that went against Georgetown when they were on defense just went against them on offense with Green being called for the charge. Game over.

Is Green passive? Perhaps. But that's partly a function of the Princeton Offense, and the role he plays in it. There aren't a lot of inherent iso opportunities in the Princeton, which makes it tough for one player to "take over."

Can't get interested

Conservatively I think, we could have beat either GeorgeTown or OSU on a good day. That was not a fun game to watch. Hope the next game is better. This is not high caliber basketball.

Of course, we did beat Georgetown. I thought the game was pedestrian. Even Billy Packer dissed both centers, saying, correctly in my view, that neither would get into the class of Russell/Jabbar/Walton. Lets hope we see a game next.

Packer on Oden

Yeah, I heard Packer's comment that Oden isn't in a class with the great centers. Then when Nance asked if he had the potential to be that good, Packer said no ...

I'm sure he's right. Just a coincidence I'm sure that Ohio State has won 24 straight games, finished No. 1 in the national polls and is in the national championship game Monday night. I'm sure Oden had nothing to do with that. It was all Ron Lewis and Mike Conley and Othella Hunter.

Just imagine how good they'd be if Oden was a great center!

Buckeyes in tital game according to CNN

Do people at CNN not proofread their main page?! www.cnn.com Yay, they are in the Transaction Insured Trade Acceptance Locator game!

fixed

CNN has fixed it now...sorry for the random comment, just thought it was funny.

As much as it pains me...

...I have to agree with Packer's commentary. He stated that Oden did not have the potential to be in the class of Russell, Alcindor, or Walton, but he didn't say Oden makes no contribution to Ohio State's winning ways. Obviously, Oden contributes, but he is not a dominant force on the court. In fact, as the studio hosts pointed out at halftime, in some respects, Ohio State is a better team with Oden on the bench.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

UCLA-Florida is starting out butt-ugly. 6 to 5 at the 2nd TV timeout. Sloppy turnovers, nine of them and a combined 1 for 12 from the arc. Affalo is in foul trouble already.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 03-31-2007 at 09:09 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Yeah, I heard Packer's comment that Oden isn't in a class with the great centers. Then when Nance asked if he had the potential to be that good, Packer said no ...

I'm sure he's right. Just a coincidence I'm sure that Ohio State has won 24 straight games, finished No. 1 in the national polls and is in the national championship game Monday night. I'm sure Oden had nothing to do with that. It was all Ron Lewis and Mike Conley and Othella Hunter.

Just imagine how good they'd be if Oden was a great center!
    The play-by-play guy is "Nantz," not "Nance." The comment, meanwhile, was such vintage Packer. Simply, "No." He'd been talking about those guys as "different caliber players," and maybe was still caught up in his "not yet" comments, but to then totally dismiss Oden's potential was ludicrous.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 03-31-2007 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    ...I have to agree with Packer's commentary. He stated that Oden did not have the potential to be in the class of Russell, Alcindor, or Walton, but he didn't say Oden makes no contribution to Ohio State's winning ways. Obviously, Oden contributes, but he is not a dominant force on the court. In fact, as the studio hosts pointed out at halftime, in some respects, Ohio State is a better team with Oden on the bench.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan
    I presume that the reason Chamberlain wasn't mentioned is that the comparison would be laughable.