Home and home with UConn?

Rumor has it that Calhoun was just on the radio down at the Final Four and mentioned that they would be starting a home and home series with Duke... any truth to this, "insiders"? I for one would be ecstatic about this.

I also think it would be great... Calhoun's program, what with his shady recruiting tactics and all, won't be down for very long.

I doubt he would publicly mention it if wasn't in the works and pretty much a done deal. I wasn't under the impression K was very fond of Calhoun; I know I've always hated him after he was less than gracious after beating Duke in 1999.

Either way, we'd get some great games out of it if it goes on for more than a few years.

At this point I wouldn't mind it if we just joined the Big East. We could take Maryland with us (why not, as long as we're gonna sleep with uconn) and kick out the midwestern teams... what a fine basketball conference that would make.

Being in Connecticut and going to about 10 UConn games a year, this would be great for me.
    I would be able to see 3 games a year without having to get on a plane (BC, NYC/MSG game, UConn). Sweet!

Until this becomes official, I'm going to doubt that it happens (unless the Georgetown series is ending and we're looking for another home-and-home or something). If it were a west coast team, I'd buy it.

maybe st johns' series is ending

I think this was the first year in a new 4-yr deal with St. John's.

I agree in that I wish the St. John's series was finally over with. The Johnnies were in the midst of their "run in the sun" when the series began, but it is now officially over, and has been for quite some time. And as sorry an individual Ron Artest is at this point in time in his life, his college self isn't walking into Jamaica, NY, anytime soon. St. John's program mise well drop down to D-II.

If this year's version wasn't enough evidence, the annual Duke-St. John's battle has become about as exciting as watching a butterfly suffocate in a plastic bag. Just flat-out horrific, to be honest. On the bright side, however, at least we can chalk up a certain victory for next season's game in Durham. Bootsie Thornton would have to re-enroll and score 50 this time for them to have any chance.
    Last edited by Cameron; 03-30-2007 at 08:45 PM.

Calhoun has said a few times publicly that he's been trying to get K to agree to a home-and-home. Maybe K finally bit.