Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Star Wars Clone Wars TV show

I didn't go see the movie in the theaters, I knew I'd be bummed, so I let Jason "went and suffered for me" Evans take care of it, his review did nothing to inspire me to run right out. I still haven't gotten it on DVD, but I will.
    But I have become a fan of the TV show. The animation is great, and excellent for TV. Somebody has put some effort into the production value of this show. But most important, it's been really engaging. I've gotten sucked into the stories, and look forward to each week's new entry. The movie Star Wars (IV) paid homage to so many formats of storytelling that Lucas grew up with. The western, the gangster flick, the epoch struggle of rebellion. And this show goes back to Lucas' original roots of seeing these tales told week after week in the form of a serial. I love it. Each episode ends with basically "tune in next week to see your hero do something cool in the face of peril!"

This coming Friday is the big test of tolerance for me. They have JAR-JAR back, sigh. And it looks like he talks, ALOT. But up until this Friday, I can say this show has been a surprising winner for me. If Jar-Jar stays around, I might just go buy the DVD and watch it until they go with a new story line.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I was pretty disappointed in the Clone Wars mini-episodes they ran between AOTC and ROTS coming out in theaters (I was moderately disappointed in AOTC but actually thought ROTS wasn't too bad - apart from a few poorly acted scenes). So I never went to go see the Clone Wars movie and wasn't planning on watching the shows....I'm glad to hear you think they're good.

This reminds me of the scene in "The Big Bang Theory" epsidoe last night. Sheldon refuses to watch the Clone Wars TV series that his friends want to watch because he hasn't seen the Clone Wars movie yet. Sheldon's reasoning: "I want to be disappointed in the order George Lucas intended."

That had me cracking up.

What day,channel and time does it air?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    What day,channel and time does it air?
    Cartoon Network, Friday nights at 9PM. They also air the same episode different days, but I'm not sure when. You can watch a full episode here.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Thanks bud! Have been a fan of the series since a kid, will see if I can get into this.

Return of the Clone Wars!!

Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Happy to see they are giving the series the closure it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Happy to see they are giving the series the closure it needs.
    As much as the de facto ending was clearly cut short, I thought it was an unintentionally brilliant "ending" to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    As much as the de facto ending was clearly cut short, I thought it was an unintentionally brilliant "ending" to the series.
    It worked, but I'm looking forward to seeing an ending that Filoni wants to give it. His handling of bringing Rebels to closure was brilliant.

It worked, but I'm looking forward to seeing an ending that Filoni wants to give it. His handling of bringing Rebels to closure was brilliant.
    It really was. Rebels is right up there with Force Awakens and Rogue One, maybe better. It is certainly more emotional.

Is Clone Wars available streaming somewhere?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Is Clone Wars available streaming somewhere?
    Netflix had it. I think they still do. I might have to do at least a 2 season revisit.

Irrationally excited about new episodes.

While I really enjoy the Darth Maul character, we know his arc and I thought it was well done. Not sure we need more (hope I am wrong).

Ashoka on the other hand, lots of open questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Irrationally excited about new episodes.

While I really enjoy the Darth Maul character, we know his arc and I thought it was well done. Not sure we need more (hope I am wrong).

Ashoka on the other hand, lots of open questions.
    Clearly Disney was intelligent here and listened to what I can only assume is the fascination with Ashoka's unfinished story line. We all kind of have a pretty good idea of what happens to Anakin and Obi Wan, but Ashoka's breif stint in Rebels and her role in that chapter really left a whole lot of unanswered questions that I can only think will play a part in her sub-story in this last season of Clone Wars. When Rebels ended, our entire family was hoping that Disney was going to give us an Ashoka movie. Perhaps this is a prelude.

(Also, if you haven't seen Rebels, you should. If the last season of that show doesn't give you all the feels, well then you're just dead inside.)

Just decided to start watching the new season. First 4 episodes were nice, but not especially so because I'm just not super into the clones, and those episodes were clone heavy. The most recent episode was solid, and hopefully a sign of things to come (trying to keep this mostly spoiler free since the episode just dropped).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Just decided to start watching the new season. First 4 episodes were nice, but not especially so because I'm just not super into the clones, and those episodes were clone heavy. The most recent episode was solid, and hopefully a sign of things to come (trying to keep this mostly spoiler free since the episode just dropped).
    It took me a bit to get into The Bad Batch arc, but I liked it by the time it wrapped up. That story line was one that Filoni had planned to run back in one of the older seasons, but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'm glad it made it to the screen.
    Agree on the one that is out today, it was solid. I'm wondering if it will be a stand-alone or part of a story involving the two newest character introductions.
    I was tempted to wait til next weekend to watch, since for me it's nice to have a full hour to pay attention to, but curiosity and boredom got to me.

Speaking of Ashoka, apparently Rosario Dawson will play her in Mandalorian.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Speaking of Ashoka, apparently Rosario Dawson will play her in Mandalorian.
    I saw that...felt like a significant spoiler alert for it to be announced, but maybe that kind of thing just can't be locked down any more?

It took me a bit to get into The Bad Batch arc, but I liked it by the time it wrapped up. That story line was one that Filoni had planned to run back in one of the older seasons, but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'm glad it made it to the screen.
    Agree on the one that is out today, it was solid. I'm wondering if it will be a stand-alone or part of a story involving the two newest character introductions.
    I was tempted to wait til next weekend to watch, since for me it's nice to have a full hour to pay attention to, but curiosity and boredom got to me.
    Agreed, I thought the resolution was pretty good. I guess I just probably didn't need a full 4 episodes of it (since we're only getting 12), but the clones are super popular with other people so I get it.

Since there's no longer any sports, I guess I can cancel my Sling subscription and sign-up for Disney+.