Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    because that was like the biggest WTF moment in SW canon, with no explanation, and now we may get some...
    Just to reiterate. I'm a watcher, not a reader. Not into the novels, the comics, whatever. So we got dregged through three movies that really sucked, and one of THE MOST pivotal moments in all of Star Wars legacy lands with "Execute Order 66", and pew pew pew, all the Jedi are dead.
    No explanation. Just pew pew pew, yer toast.
    So, in the last two episodes of Clone Wars, I'm really hoping that we get at least something from the Clones that have to pull the trigger, and from those that fight against it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So...I don't see how we won't see Order 66. That's now inevitable. And actually really welcomed, because that was like the biggest WTF moment in SW canon, with no explanation, and now we may get some...BUT...
    I'm really looking forward to seeing not only how Ahsoka (I'm a watcher, not a reader, so beyond snippets I've really no idea of her life between now and Rebels) and Rex get out. Obviously, they both do. In a way, right now, I'm more intrigued by Rex's story than Ahsoka's. We know they both live, but in a really big way, Rex is the mystery.
    How does he avoid Order 66? We're gonna find out, and really soon. I'm guessing he plays a big part in Ahsoka going underground, too.
    I have not watched Rebels since the series finale, but I am dying to start again...just to see how Filoni has stitched these story lines together.
    Just to reiterate. I'm a watcher, not a reader. Not into the novels, the comics, whatever. So we got dregged through three movies that really sucked, and one of THE MOST pivotal moments in all of Star Wars legacy lands with "Execute Order 66", and pew pew pew, all the Jedi are dead.
    No explanation. Just pew pew pew, yer toast.
    So, in the last two episodes of Clone Wars, I'm really hoping that we get at least something from the Clones that have to pull the trigger, and from those that fight against it.
    I agree that we will see Order 66 at least in part, but it won't be the first time (we saw it in action at the end of Revenge of the Sith). Various Clone Wars and Rebels episodes set up how this is possible...what part of it do you see as unexplained? To refresh your memory you might want to rewatch the Rebels episode "The Lost Commanders" which pretty much explained all of this, especially with regards to Rex. I only bring this up to possibly adjust your expectations, you might not get some of what you're expecting because the questions had already been answered in Clone Wars and Rebels (although we might actually get to see it this time instead of just hearing the characters say what happened).

(Spoilers from Clone Wars and Rebels only, I don't read the books either)
    Spoiler!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I agree that we will see Order 66 at least in part, but it won't be the first time (we saw it in action at the end of Revenge of the Sith). Various Clone Wars and Rebels episodes set up how this is possible...what part of it do you see as unexplained? To refresh your memory you might want to rewatch the Rebels episode "The Lost Commanders" which pretty much explained all of this, especially with regards to Rex. I only bring this up to possibly adjust your expectations, you might not get some of what you're expecting because the questions had already been answered in Clone Wars and Rebels (although we might actually get to see it this time instead of just hearing the characters say what happened).

(Spoilers from Clone Wars and Rebels only, I don't read the books either)
    Spoiler!
    It's been explained since Ep III, but in that movie, it was just BLAM, yer all dead. I am looking forward to seeing it covered more, in the moment, from the perspective of the Clones that are pulling the triggers.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

PS...Rex and the other two clones that show up with him in Rebels still have their chips as of this last episode. Totally looking forward to seeing why they decide to take them out, and to seeing how they do it. Getting Fives' chip out nearly killed him. (Of course, it basically did, since Palpatine wasn't going to let him live.)

PS...Rex and the other two clones that show up with him in Rebels still have their chips as of this last episode. Totally looking forward to seeing why they decide to take them out, and to seeing how they do it. Getting Fives' chip out nearly killed him. (Of course, it basically did, since Palpatine wasn't going to let him live.)
    Tie timeline is getting pretty tight -- and they need to get Rex, Gregor and Wolffe together so they can decide to take the chips out. Unless it happened off screen and hasn't been referenced since Fives started investigating the chips.

Would Ahsoka be in danger because of Order 66? She's left the Jedi Order of her own accord. She's not a Jedi. (Note, also just a watcher, not a reader.)

Argh! I knew I should have waited until next week to watch the last two episodes back to back...another strong episode, can't wait for the finale.

Argh! I knew I should have waited until next week to watch the last two episodes back to back...another strong episode, can't wait for the finale.
    I loved the score in this one, so different than they've ever used before.

Wow. Just wow.

Sniff, remind me why the series has to end?

Mildly off topic, for those with Disney+, Rise of Skywalker will be available Monday, May 4th.

May the 4th be with you! 😂

Watched the last episode.

Maybe not so much disappointing as much as I had hoped for more.

No spoilers, the closing moments were pretty good.

If you need a last episode written for your series, call Dave Filoni. He nailed it with the end of Rebels, and he nailed it for Clone Wars, too.

If you need a last episode written for your series, call Dave Filoni. He nailed it with the end of Rebels, and he nailed it for Clone Wars, too.
    If you consider the last 4 episodes the end, I’d agree. I agree Rebels ended well.

Other than the closing scenes/moments and maybe 2 or 3 others, the final episode was weaker than the preceding three.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    If you consider the last 4 episodes the end, I’d agree. I agree Rebels ended well.

Other than the closing scenes/moments and maybe 2 or 3 others, the final episode was weaker than the preceding three.
    It was different, but I wouldn't say weaker. It didn't really need a whole story to go with it; it was mostly an emotional goodbye that made great use of the score and visuals.

Spoiler...
    Spoiler!

PS...that had to be one the best escape sequences in Star Wars history, and there's been quite a few.

Just finished the last episode. Pretty good. Was hoping for a bit more, but can’t really complain.

The best thing about the series for me is that I remember how much I hated Ahsoka at the beginning. She was just annoying. What a great job of story telling to get her where she was by the end.

Wow. I partly agree with those who said they were expecting a little more, but that ending sure was something. Treat this 4 episode arc like a movie and it is probably in the top 5 of Star Wars films. Kind of disappointed it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Just finished the last episode. Pretty good. Was hoping for a bit more, but can’t really complain.

The best thing about the series for me is that I remember how much I hated Ahsoka at the beginning. She was just annoying. What a great job of story telling to get her where she was by the end.
    Fully agreed. I got into the TV show several years after it aired, and initially could not understand for the life of me why Ahsoka was so popular. I would be very interested in an Ahsoka standalone movie or miniseries.

Wow. I partly agree with those who said they were expecting a little more, but that ending sure was something. Treat this 4 episode arc like a movie and it is probably in the top 5 of Star Wars films. Kind of disappointed it is over.
    I finally finished Season 7 of Clone Wars several months late, and really loved the final four episodes. I completely agree with the comment above, but would be even more bullish - the last 4 episodes, as a movie, would be the best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy (and I think I definitely benefited by being able to watch all 4 episodes more or less together, rather than over a span of several weeks). All of the action on Mandalore was tense, exciting, and cinematic in scope and then shrinking everything down to the bottle of the ship back to Coruscant for the last episodes let Ahsoka really shine.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Way back when I created this thread, I should have called it The Clone Wars TV show. Disney + has now brought in the actual "Clone Wars" show, which I never watched, and it's great!

It's a compilation of three seasons of shorts that The Cartoon Network had done. I wish I had watched it back then, because it would have helped understand what was going on at the opening of Revenge of the Sith. Unlike THE Clone Wars, which retroactively filled in the blanks, Clone Wars did it in real time, between Episodes II and III. The show introduces us to General Grievous, who makes lots more sense in the movie after watching the show. (That also applies to him in The Clone Wars, but since that show is retroactive, it doesn't have the same impact.) Another character we get is Asajj Ventress, who really gets under Anakin's skin.
    Speaking of Anakin, in this show, he is still a padawan at the beginning, so we see him actually get knighted.

Since Disney wound up taking over Star Wars, Clone Wars got kicked to the curb as far as canon goes, but since it ties directly into Episode III, parts of it and some of the characters remained. (Such as the capture of Palpatine by Grievous, the plot behind it, and the Jedi who were assigned to protect him.) Ventress was so great that she was rebooted for the the second Clone Wars series, and other elements show up later as well. Several of the voice actors went on to the second series, some of them reviving their original roles.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, check it out. They divided all the episodes up into two hour long parts. Lots of fun! (And great use of the animation, lots of the story is told only through the use of imagery without tons of dialogue.)

Just finished the first one. Good stuff (not as good as The Clone Wars series though)

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Just finished the first one. Good stuff (not as good as The Clone Wars series though)
    I agree with that, but I appreciate the difference, and the fact that without this one the second one would likely not have even existed. I've not ever watched Samurai Jack; I might have to go check it out. Same animator/style.