I saw a sneak preview of this movie last night. I'd been wanting to see the new 3D technology since it debuted with Meet the Robinsons a couple of years ago, but I hadn't had a chance to until now.

I was rather impressed; you still have to wear the goofy glasses, but the technology has come a long way. The screen looks like it has real depth, and the only problems with it were when they tried to have "shock" moments with something coming out of the screen at you. While the screen looks to have depth, they still can't make the images come forward.

As for the movie, it was cute and entertaining. The first 20 minutes or so are more-or-less comprised of the scenes from the previews, linked together. It made my wife and me a little nervous that the entire movie would be that way. Fortunately, it picks up shortly thereafter and has a fwe laugh out loud moments. This one will definitely be popular with kids, but I suspect its going to fly under the radar at the box office.

I will say this - definitely see it in 3D. I think most theaters charge an extra buck or two to see it on the special 3D screen (apparently they were a big investment, and not many movies have come out that take advantage of the technology), but in my opinion its worth the extra expense.