Working from my dorm room

After such enlightening responses to my pizza dilemma I have decided to once again come to my DBR elder's in search of advice.

Here is my situation. I am a college senior and play on the softball team. Between practices, workouts, and classes there is no way I could work a "real" job, as in one where I go to my place of employment and work a certain number of hours a week. My schedule just doesn't have enough open blocks of time to allow it. However I would really like to be able to earn some money and I do have random amounts of time throughout the week where I would be able to do work that could be done from my computer.

Anybody know of any positions like this that may exist? I'm not looking for a fulltime work from home type position. Just maybe something where I can work when I have time and make a little spending money. A Google search returned many options but none of which I am willing to try. Mostly because they want me to pay them money in order to connect me with companies that will pay me to take surveys which to me spells scam.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    After such enlightening responses to my pizza dilemma I have decided to once again come to my DBR elder's in search of advice.

Here is my situation. I am a college senior and play on the softball team. Between practices, workouts, and classes there is no way I could work a "real" job, as in one where I go to my place of employment and work a certain number of hours a week. My schedule just doesn't have enough open blocks of time to allow it. However I would really like to be able to earn some money and I do have random amounts of time throughout the week where I would be able to do work that could be done from my computer.

Anybody know of any positions like this that may exist? I'm not looking for a fulltime work from home type position. Just maybe something where I can work when I have time and make a little spending money. A Google search returned many options but none of which I am willing to try. Mostly because they want me to pay them money in order to connect me with companies that will pay me to take surveys which to me spells scam.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Katie
    Are there peer or athletic tutoring programs at your college?

Quote Originally Posted by hughgs View Post
    Are there peer or athletic tutoring programs at your college?
    Not that pay. It's a small school, about 1,200 students, with not a whole lot of on campus job opportunities. Especially if you don't qualify for work study, which I don't because of the scholarships I have.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Maybe ChaCha is hiring...I'm assuming they work from their computers.

The tutoring is a good idea, and depending on the size of the town your school is in you are not restricted to fellow students. My parents paid for some outside tutoring when I was in high school for math. You could post an ad in the local paper, and obviously work to your own schedule. It would not surprise me to find there are some high schoolers looking for help.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Maybe ChaCha is hiring...I'm assuming they work from their computers.

The tutoring is a good idea, and depending on the size of the town your school is in you are not restricted to fellow students. My parents paid for some outside tutoring when I was in high school for math. You could post an ad in the local paper, and obviously work to your own schedule. It would not surprise me to find there are some high schoolers looking for help.
    DOH! Nice beat CBAB. This is what I get for opening all of threads in tabs.

A ChaCha Guide is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Unfortunately they are not hiring at this time.

Are there high schools nearby? What about tutoring HS students?

What about proofreading? We used telecommuting proofreaders when I worked for a marketing/design company waaaaaaaaay back in the day.

Gold farming in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Gold farming in WoW
    But she speaks English.