Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBB Duke 77, Oklahoma State 68

http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1296

The Duke Women opening tomorrow evening in Cameron Indoor Stadium vs a tough Oklahoma State team. Here is a preview with comments from Coach McCallie and more.

Thanks, watzone! I'm looking forward to it! I also just read ESPN's ACC preview:

In fact, the single most important part of the ACC season might be Waner's jump shot. She seemed to lose it last season; her 3-point accuracy dipped to 26 percent. Duke will win games one way or the other (the Blue Devils were still 25-10 and made the Sweet 16 in '08), but the level of success will ride on whether the senior regains her stroke. If she does, Duke could threaten for a conference title and a No. 1 seed. If she doesn't, a season similar to 2007-08 is more likely.
    Geez, no pressure or anything, Abby!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Gonna watch those first two on ACC select, looking forward to seeing how much they have progressed, and really looking forward to seeing the freshmen.

P.S. Got my UNC tix in the mail today!

So, is anyone going tonight? If so, post your thoughts on the game here. I'll see you there. This is the start of a great Duke sports weekend - the game tonight, Duke Football vs Clemson tomorrow and a men's and women's hoop double header in Cameron on Sunday. Four games in three days is cool with me.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    So, is anyone going tonight? If so, post your thoughts on the game here. I'll see you there. This is the start of a great Duke sports weekend - the game tonight, Duke Football vs Clemson tomorrow and a men's and women's hoop double header in Cameron on Sunday. Four games in three days is cool with me.
    I'm gonna have to catch it on ACCselect, but at least I'll be able to watch. Maybe we'll have some snrubbers around. Looking forward to your report WZ.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    you forgot the women's soccer games for the NCAA tournament.

I will be going to the game tonight. It should be a great game

$5.95 to watch live on ACCselect
    http://www.theacc.com/accselect/index.html

Not a bad deal if you can't be there.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

1/2 time
    Riley has no range..WOW. She is sinking everything she throws up.
    1st impression is we are looking ok, if they didn't have Riley we'd be winning...but they have Riley. Looking forward to seeing how we/McCallie adjust in the second, and hoping that Waner avoids a shoot out with R. I don't think she will win that battle tonight.
    Another quick impression about the other side, Cunningham is doing them very well for D and feeds. I've never heard of either player but after this half I'm sure we will know both of their names come March.

I am embarrassed by the student turnout. I am one of about 30 students at the game. There should be more. Especially for how close of a game this is.

One quick note about #10 Riley on Oklahoma state. If ok st males the NCAA tournament which they should. Riley will be suspended for the first game for full out slapping another girl in the tournament last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    I am embarrassed by the student turnout. I am one of about 30 students at the game. There should be more. Especially for how close of a game this is.
    Do everything you can to bring out everyone you know and don't know for all the games. I'm assuming I've seen you, I think they've shown the entire student section so far tonite in detail. I am glad to see a better number up top than I expected. Wish I was there.

P.S. since you have room to roam, gather a gaggle of students and run back and forth under the opposing basket during foul shots..lol.

1 of 11 from 3 in first half...ugggh.

Great defense and Points off of T's to start the second...Duke on a nice run, Carrem and Chante are so fun to watch.

were playing great defense. And wiith good D comes offensive opportunities.

Md 0-1

Just to throw this in...Maryland just lost their opener.

A huge congrats to the ladies

A big fat congrats to the ladies, taking on the #14th team in the country at home, down by 9 at the half, and they came up with a significant victory. Maryland wishes they could say the same, but they can't. I was impressed by not only our game play on the court, but more significantly our coaching off of it. We have an incredibly tough schedule this year, and all parties started off great and I'm psyched and relieved. Our rebounding was awesome, our defense was awesome, and our shooting was ok. But without the first two the 3rd would not have mattered. I think McCallie's stress of time in the weight room did alot to pull this game out of the jaws of defeat. As of now, I don't think Duke needs to be aprehensive of anyone, we can hang. Before the game I wasn't sure, now I know.

mods feel free to move this to the last game thread, but this is more for the season upcoming.

yeah... way to open a season against such a top team and pull out with a WIN~~~ congratulations to the ladies!!!

Thanks for the tip CB&B!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    $5.95 to watch live on ACCselect
    http://www.theacc.com/accselect/index.html

Not a bad deal if you can't be there.
    I'm up at our lake cabin and couldn't get to the game. Saw your tip, tuned in on the laptop and sat here by the fire enjoying the game....and yours and bigj's company!

Bless your heart!
    Love, Ima

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/gamecast?gameId=283190150
    Good to win. Abby and Jasmine need some shooting practice.
    AW 2 for 13
    JT 3 for 16
    Chante domination 13 for 17; 28 points

Overall a pretty good win -- we played much better in the second half (threw in some different defensive looks). Our offense still leaves me wondering sometimes (it seems like we stop moving/creating). Shooting – as other posters have pointed out – could use some work, but again a solid win against a good opponent.

I wish there were some way to get more students out there, it's very embarrassing that the women's team get the little support they do.

all the previous posters have said it all...great win for the girls...congrats to them. we played fantastic defense the second half and it paid off in the end.

An 18-point swing in the second half--that was impressive! I feel more optimistic about this year already. A lot of students missed out on a great game.

The sad thing about the attendance is that I actually thought it seemed better than usual for a women's game.