Question Who are they? (AKA, UNC is good!)

Exactly, who are these anemic, uninspired young men in the gold helmets playing in Chapel Hole? And, where were they when Duke went to Atlanta a few weeks ago?

Butch Davis and UNC

Folks, we here in DBR land might not like it, but it is time to take our heads out of the sand where UNC is concerned. They are a very good team. They are not a national power. Yet. But they will get there. Coach Cut is a good coach who is doing a nice job. Butch Davis is a fantastic coach. He may well be one of the top 4-5 college coaches. His recruiting prowess is national, he has NFL head coaching experience, he is good on the Xs and Os, and he is coaching at what is the very popular and traditional favorite state university in a state that produces tons of top rate talent. A monkey could field a competitive team just getting recruits within a 3 hour drive of the beautiful campus.

He is going to have UNC at the top of the ACC heap in a few years. I have said this a couple of times, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. Butch Davis is a genius. UNC is a good team, with lots of young talent. They have a fantastic recruiting class coming in. in 2-3 years, they will be a top 10 team, IF Davis stays.

Don't ask why GT was lackadaisical today. It is not the Jackets. UNC is a good team, and one that gets better every week. They are doing that to GT. UNC is making them look that bad. Get used to that improvement. Under Davis, it will continue until they are one of the premier programs in the country.

Early on, Duke snuck up on some teams. I give props to Cut, because for the past few years even sneaking up on teams was impossible for Duke. That is over. Every team we play fully realizes that Duke is capable of beating them, and none of them wants that distinction. So, other teams will be ready and "up" for Duke.

(AKA UNC is good!)=words added and unsaid by me, true or not.

for the record

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    (AKA UNC is good!)=words added and unsaid by me, true or not.

for the record
    Mods have been known to rename threads for clarity.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    He is going to have UNC at the top of the ACC heap in a few years.
    Too bad that doesn't mean much. I think it heartens me to be able to say that Carolina will never be a real national powerhouse in football. Just can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Folks, we here in DBR land might not like it, but it is time to take our heads out of the sand where UNC is concerned. They are a very good team. They are not a national power. Yet. But they will get there.
    I agree 100 percent. Butch Davis is bringing solid recruits into the program at Chapel Hill. UNC's 2008 recruiting class contained six "four star" recruits and their 2009 recruiting class currently contains one "five star" and seven "four star" recruits. That is 14 top quality recruits. If Butch Davis continues to bring in top players, Carolina will continue to get better and they aren't shabby right now at 7-2 with a legitimate chance to end up in the ACC Championship Game with a 10-2 (or 9-3) record.
    Bob Green