Big Changes Expected At The White House

Last spring, I serendipitously happened to be visiting Washington D.C. on the weekend when (the) people are allowed onto the grounds of the White House to view the various flowers and trees. This happens a couple of times of year and is free to the public. (the present residents were not home that I could tell).

While on my tour of the back yard, there were many trees and bushes, originally planted by famous gardeners, I passed the Rose garden. There, past the West Wing, Just 20 yards past the swimming pool, nestled near the nook where all of the children and grandchildren of the presidents have had their handprints immortalized in cement, sits the presidential basketball court.

There was a guard standing there, no doubt to make sure that no one would take the various items being stored there, because there was A LOT being stored there. I recall looking at this half court area being half full of tarp covered lights and other monstrosities and wondering if Chelsea was the last person to take a shot out there. There was sand on the court, and the bushes (the plants that surrounded the court, not the present residents) seemed to reach in-bounds to touch invisible shooters outside the 3 point line.

It is my guess that one of the very first, unmentioned orders of business that will occur, once the weather is hospitable, is to clear out the junk on the court, polish the (nice) glass backboard, and make sure a couple of nice basketballs are available and properly inflated!

Larry
    DevilHorse

I'm wondering if Obama will return the favor and ask the Heels to come play on his home court in their next illegal summer scrimmage.

I'm thinking Tyler Hansblahblahblah for Secretary of Transportation, Sheldon Williams, Secretary of the Interior, David Thompson, Secretary of State. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    I'm thinking Tyler Hansblahblahblah for Secretary of Transportation, Sheldon Williams, Secretary of the Interior, David Thompson, Secretary of State. Any others?
    SheldEn would make a much better Secretary of Defense.

Keep Sheldon in Interior, Billy King for Secretary of Defense

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    SheldEn would make a much better Secretary of Defense.
    I think Reggie Love might have something to say about who can use that court.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Keep Sheldon in Interior, Billy King for Secretary of Defense
    Please refer to Jumbo's Spelling Guide.

I'm thinking Tyler Hansblahblahblah for Secretary of Transportation ...
    Hans doesn't deserve a cabinet post. Besides, the Secretary of Transportation should do things legally. Let's just make him a traveling secretary.

I'd like to see Andre Buckner in charge of Homeland Security, he would certainly confront any "undesirables."

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    I think Reggie Love might have something to say about who can use that court.
    Heard an anecdote recently on Fox News that Bill O had a dust up with Obama's body man chasing Obama for an interview in New Hampshire. I guess that would have been Reggie for the defense.

Extra Emphasis on Champion Treatment

I look forward to the extra degree of appreciation that the amateur and pro basketball teams will experience when their champions visit the White House. I can foresee a few contests on the side and perhaps should I predict that the half court will be expanded to a full court? The court is built on a slight downward slope, so they'd have to do some additional landscaping, but I can see it.

If Reggie has some responsibility, I can see some Royal Blue and White motif gracing the surroundings, perhaps with some strategically placed red here and there.

Larry
    DevilHorse

How cool would it be if Reggie's there... and the *first* college basketball team invited to the White House in this new administration (after winning the NCAA championship) is DUKE

I think we might have an answer...

Chris Duhon is looking forward to the day when he might get the call from Washington. Get here immediately, the president needs you.

"I know he's talked about putting a basketball goal up there," Duhon said of Barack Obama, "so that would definitely be an honor."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...,6951728.story

inappropriate thread

This is not about Duke Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Picture from the front page:

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Picture from the front page:

I assume it is not appropriate to call the President Elect for travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Anything Julio puts on the front page is appropriate to the Elizabeth King board. Long-time rule.

And any discussion of BBQ is appropriate so long as it is listed under a head entitled "Duke v. Kentucky."

Duhon says Big "O" talks a mean game of TRASH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    Or for anything else for that matter.

It's not the white house any more

It's the green house now because of all our hard earned money he will spend (a white house tradition) at least until next April when it will become the Duke Blue house at least for a few years

Originally Posted by Jfrosh
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    Or for anything else for that matter.
    When did we elect Hansboring?