Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We can beat Wake Forest

I just know it!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I'll be there whether it happens or not!
    Would love to set up an away brunchgate, or in the case of the WFU timing, lunchgate. I haven't been to a game in their house since I was a kid, so I know little of parking, but if anyone else plans on attending lets get together at least at some point to say hi, at most to drink a few and eat.

yea

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Would love to set up an away brunchgate, or in the case of the WFU timing, lunchgate. I haven't been to a game in their house since I was a kid, so I know little of parking, but if anyone else plans on attending lets get together at least at some point to say hi, at most to drink a few and eat.
    One of my friends and I will be attending the game. It is a 3:30 kickoff, but i'm almost positive it's not on TV. I am attending, and am sitting on the Duke sideline, 30yard line. Anybody else attendting??

A scheduling conflict...

CB and B, you know I'm an enthusiastic participant in tailgating and going to good football games! But I'll be attending a baby shower instead.... a family affair with attendance expected. mmmmm ......maybe I can sneak in my own radio...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    One of my friends and I will be attending the game. It is a 3:30 kickoff, but i'm almost positive it's not on TV. I am attending, and am sitting on the Duke sideline, 30yard line. Anybody else attendting??
    It's on ESPN360 (I think 20 people in NC have that channel, ha!)
    I'll be setting up probably around 11 with beer and hotdogs on my 'lil grill. Like I said I'm unfamiliar with WFU parking, and I'll be finding out more before gametime, but anyone is welcome to join me. PM me and we'll organize.
    My tix are in sec 13, 20 yd line I think, Duke side.

I'll be setting up probably around 11 with beer and hotdogs on my 'lil grill. Like I said I'm unfamiliar with WFU parking, and I'll be finding out more before gametime, but anyone is welcome to join me. PM me and we'll organize.
    My tix are in sec 13, 20 yd line I think, Duke side.
    well ill be in that section, just got the tickets for 15 a piece online. great deal if you want the link.

should be a great game

ESPN360 is an online service, I actually didn't realize I got it until I clicked on it by accident one day

Wake is a well coached team but their players aren't that great individually. They have a tough time when playing athletic teams.

Yes, we can beat Wake Forest and it doesn't have to be by fluke or luck. I watched Cut's highlight show today and actually seeing how many times we were inside the 20 can came away with no points, I realized that we could have blown Vanderbilt out. It seemed like they only threatened maybe 3 times in the game whereas we kept them in it by our inability to score.
    Wake Forest has a better defense when they're playing well but their offense is pretty dreadful. Duke can win this game with two simple plans. 1. Take care of the football. No fumbles or INTS. the fumbles killed a few good drives we had and ruined a couple of field goal attempts. At the very least we should have won 16-7, rendering the INT at the end unnecessary. 2. Capitalize on red zone opportunities. We can't block punts at the 10 and come away with no points, that just cannot happen. If Duke executes their gameplan without flaw, they'll win by 10. Wake lives off of turnovers, mistakes and field position. If you don't give them that, they lose.

Thad's protection up front also has to improve. He had a horrible number of negative yards. Without seeing the game, I don't know how many of the plays he would of had an opportunity to throw the ball away, but he was obviously under pressure all day. Even on our TD, Vandy got called for roughing the passer, which meant they were right there to make contact. Hopefully the O-line has a lot they can look at in ways to improve. Those guys have done a good job this year, but Vandy obviously found some holes to exploit. You can be sure Wake is picking apart the plays where they succeeded.

The victory over Vanderbilt and trip to Winston-Salem offers Duke an opportunity to win back-to-back road games. When did Duke last win back-to-back road games? It was 1994 when Duke won at Georgia Tech 27-12 followed by at Navy 47-14. The last time Duke won two road games in the same season was 1999 at Virginia 24-17 and at Maryland 25-22.
    Bob Green

my dad and I are kicking around making the trip...

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Yes, we can beat Wake Forest and it doesn't have to be by fluke or luck. I watched Cut's highlight show today and actually seeing how many times we were inside the 20 can came away with no points, I realized that we could have blown Vanderbilt out. It seemed like they only threatened maybe 3 times in the game whereas we kept them in it by our inability to score.
    Wake Forest has a better defense when they're playing well but their offense is pretty dreadful. Duke can win this game with two simple plans. 1. Take care of the football. No fumbles or INTS. the fumbles killed a few good drives we had and ruined a couple of field goal attempts. At the very least we should have won 16-7, rendering the INT at the end unnecessary. 2. Capitalize on red zone opportunities. We can't block punts at the 10 and come away with no points, that just cannot happen. If Duke executes their gameplan without flaw, they'll win by 10. Wake lives off of turnovers, mistakes and field position. If you don't give them that, they lose.
    You are right on all of your points here. Duke could have definatley blown out Vandy if it were'nt for some missed field goals and costly turnovers in the red zone.

I really like how Thad is playing at QB this year compared to last. It just seemed like they were only looking for big plays on offense last year. Just huge 70 yard passes to Riley. This year, he is throwing sharp, accurate 4 or 5 yard screen passes that are gaining 6 or 7 yards every play. And the play of Tony Jackson and Jay Hollingsworth at RB has been great with the abscence of Boyette.

If Duke capitilizes in the red zone, keep playing great on defense, and Thad throws as well as he did saturday, Duke will pick up a W in Winston-Salem.

Quote Originally Posted by cbfx3 View Post
    my dad and I are kicking around making the trip...
    You should if your from the triangle.

Very cheap tickets, and easy drive on I-40 to get their.

I'm hoping for a lot of Duke blue in the crowd for the game.

For those making the trip

I've got a thread started on OTB collecting names of those who are thinking about showing up. If you can make it early for some tailgating, post up and we'll get some contact info so we can find each other. Bring some grub and drinks if you'd like, and bring the 'We Are Duke" attitude! It will be awesome to make some noise for our guys in there.

Looking at recent trends/scores/offenses and defenses, this one might end up about 7-6 or 10-7 with Devil>deac.

yes i think Duke has a good chance in winning. Things will have to bounce our way, but we have a legit chance in winning.

I discovered yesterday that .edu and .mil connections also receive access to ESPN360 if that helps anyone. I think I'll set up a VPN to Duke and watch the game that way.

Thad's protection up front also has to improve. He had a horrible number of negative yards. Without seeing the game, I don't know how many of the plays he would of had an opportunity to throw the ball away, but he was obviously under pressure all day. Even on our TD, Vandy got called for roughing the passer, which meant they were right there to make contact. Hopefully the O-line has a lot they can look at in ways to improve. Those guys have done a good job this year, but Vandy obviously found some holes to exploit. You can be sure Wake is picking apart the plays where they succeeded.
    In the Miami game o-linemen Cameron Goldberg and Kyle Hill were absolutely terrific. I did not see the Vandy game, just listened to it. Point - bear in mind that sacks are a function of several factors. Protection one of them. The other factors include vision, decision making (audibles), mobility. Fumbles, whether of snaps or by sacks, exacerbate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Summie444 View Post
    I discovered yesterday that .edu and .mil connections also receive access to ESPN360 if that helps anyone. I think I'll set up a VPN to Duke and watch the game that way.
    Yup, it works.