Former UNC player joins the Globetrotters

My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Darn, now we probably will never hear the end of it from chapa hell. There are more heels than Dukies on the globetrotters.

That's at least as significant as a Helm's trophy in measuring the status of a program.

Playing basketball for fun? ..... Every player's dream.

I think it's a sweet story. I hope he has a career into his 50's.

I wonder if any heels ever played for the Washington Generals?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That's pretty cool..like Jim said, playing for fun, can't go wrong there. One of my fun memories in Cameron as a kid was watching the Globetrotters play, it was like going to the basketball circus. Anyone know how many times they've played there? (Maybe it was only that once)

Hey, guys -- nothing wrong with the Trotters. They have a great warmup song (anybody know the artist? should we have a poll?) Brother Bones, 1949. The Trotters only use the middle part of the song. Two great movies about them -- Go, Man, Go and The Harlem Globetrotters. Of course, the Trotters today don't get the talent that they used to, since basketball has become integrated. A potentially great, but still very good basketball player was forced to play for the Trotters for years because he was caught up in a cheating scandal at Iowa in which he had no part (he never played a game there). Connie Hawkins eventually was cleared and was able to play out his career in the NBA. He was good, but could have been great. My son has basketball signed by Meadowlark Lemons (also a singer!) who was good, but was not a Goose Tatum.